Textile Books

Share your work & ask for assistence for arts & crafts that don't fit into a specific time period

Moderator: the_power

Textile Books

Postby Stitchlily on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:02 pm

In my endless search for books on Irish textiles, I came across the Lacis Museum of Lace and Textiles book catalogue. It's fantastic, huge list of books on pretty much anything, from lace to costume history. If anyone is ever trying to find a textile book I suggest you try there! If they don't sell it, at least it'll point you in the right direction with regards to ISBN, etc...

http://www.lacismuseum.org
Stitchlily
Full Name: Stitchlily

Re: Textile Books

Postby noodle on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

The gallery of images on that site... pretties! Thanks for the link!
Head in the clouds, feet in the grass, mind in the gutter...
noodle
Full Name: Niamh Carey

Postby Stitchlily on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:04 pm

It's a bit bloggling. All those lovely textile books available from one shopping cart...
I still haven't started the last one I bought... (Ancient Textile Industry at Amarana, at a whopping 481 pages, it's not light bedroom reading...got it for €10, how could you let that sit on the shop bookshelf!)
Stitchlily

Postby Stitchlily on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Also, I've just discovered the British Library has now opened access to UK theses, ETHos *electronic theses online service*. You can join up for free and browse for your favourite subject. Most I think you pay for...But one free GEM!! (if I could make the lettering bigger I would..), I found is a thesis; Textile production in Prehistoric and Early Medieval Ireland. by MARIA AMELIA FITZGERALD, Manchester University.

Oh, too many books, too much time on the net, too little time..
Stitchlily

Return to Arts & Crafts