tabletwoven braids

Merchants can advertise here, private individuals are welcome to hawk their wares. Seek advice on new investments!

Moderator: the_power

tabletwoven braids

Postby Nancy Devlin on Fri May 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi there everybody,

My name is Nancy Devlin ("company" name is eNDee) and I make tabletwoven braids for sale. Since I have very little time to attend shows and thus have no real selling point, I'd like to show my stuff here instead. Most of the re-enactors in Ireland, and a fair deal in the UK, will know the quality of my braids.
Generally I produce 6ft (1.80m), 8ft (2.40m) and 14ft (4.20m) braids, but obviously this is negotiable when you require a specific lenght. The same goes for the colour choice. I can give prices on demand, especially since the exchange rates keep changing, but in general a 6ft braid, depending on the pattern (I work in three categories of "complexity") will be either E35,- (basic chevrons for example) or E38,- (Rams Horn and any of its spin-offs) or E41,- (Birka and other more elaborate patterns).
I use 4-ply thickness thread, both in real wool and acrylic and unless you hold a match to it, you won't be able to tell the difference....
Anyway,I tried to upload some pictures here, but all my files were bigger than the 256 KB allowed and i don't know how to shrink that (good weaver, lousy puterperson!) but, haha, found out I CAN download pics bigger than that on the photo gallery, so please, have a look at the 4 pictures I placed there to get an idea of what I can do. If you want to see more, I also have more pictures of my braids on my facebook page, just search on my email address....
I can also be contacted through my email address which is nancydevlin65@hotmail.com after which i can give you my phonenumber if needed or send you pictures by email (fingers crossed of course).....
Bright blessings, love and light to you all and have a lovely season! Be safe.

Nancy Devlin

This is a running advert.
Last edited by Nancy Devlin on Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Devlin
Full Name: Nancy Devlin

Re: tabletwoven braids

Postby Matt on Fri May 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Nancy, I have bought some of Nancy's Birka Braid last year and the Quality is phenomenal, i can highly recommend Nancy without fear of reprisal.
All the best, Matt
Matt Ferris - Odin's Einherjare
Matt
Full Name: Matt ferris

Postby pajo on Sat May 23, 2009 11:31 am

Must say, I have a braid I got of Nancy 6yrs ago, and its still perfect after a lot of hard wear. great stuff altogether and well worth the cash.
A hard on does NOT count as personal growth...

Effudistine potum melis meum...? Amice, nunc te interficiam.
pajo
Active Newbie

Postby Nancy Devlin on Sat May 23, 2009 8:39 pm

:D Thank you so much lads, nice to hear you appreciate my work! I edited my first post by the way, found a way to download pictures of my braids, so they can now be viewed on the photo-gallery....... hope to see everybody soon.... only doing Bunratty this year I'm afraid..... Nancy :roll:
Nancy Devlin

Postby Ronseal on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 pm

I love Nancy's braids they are brilliant, strong natural colours I bought some off her last year and I'm reluctant to cut it and attach to my garments, and as in all her braids the anterior surface of each braid has an alternate design, sometimes that looks better than the main pattern! They are super strong too I saw her tie her weave onto the back of a car stuck in mud at Bannockburn a few years ago the weave held and they got the car out of the virtual swamp when all other attempts at pushing it, laying down straw and pulling it with a high strength rope all failed, the rope actually frayed but her weave didnt!
Stone sir?
No they've got the lot there, lying around on the ground!
Ronseal
Full Name: Mark Corcoran

Postby bonnacon on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:51 am

How wide are the braids? I'm very interested in getting some.

Jon
He that is annoyed.
bonnacon
Full Name: Jon Clay

Postby panda on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 pm

bonnacon wrote:How wide are the braids? I'm very interested in getting some.

Jon

I think that may be a case of how much are you willing to spend....
"Althalus was a thief after all and he devoutly believed that actually working for a living was immoral"

Remember kids: fork + shoe = spleen

Fightin, drinkin' an' snaffling coo beastie!!!!!!!!!!
panda
Active Newbie

Postby Ronseal on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 pm

True Panda, true, but her craft is excellent!!! my braid is about an inch wide but she can do wider or thinner if you commission it of her but only if she has the time mind x
Stone sir?
No they've got the lot there, lying around on the ground!
Ronseal
Full Name: Mark Corcoran

Postby Nancy Devlin on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you so very much for all your lovely remarks! Jon, with regards to your querie, the width of a braid depends on what pattern you choose, and also on the material used..... at Bunratty i ran into another gorgeously talented tabletweaver, Tatjana Durkop from Germany, and she does all her braids in linen and sometimes cotton thread! OMG did i drewl! In fact i even bought two of her braids and told her i would be copying them and see what the difference in width is between linen and woolen thread! I also promised her I would put pictures of her samples up together with my own, which i'm in the prosess of doing (meaning i tried but the website won't let me at this particular moment, so). If you want to see a few pictures of my braids and patterns, as well as Tatjana's, please check my album on the photo gallery. Also as in my first post, there's a full tabletweaving photo-album on my facebook site.....
I will keep putting up pictures of new braids and new colours by the way, in fact I've even ordered some spools of linen thread myself because it looked absolutely gorgeous! If you would like some particular information, please contact me on my email adress, which is nancydevlin65@hotmail.com and before i forget, although i haven't checked out her site myself yet, Tatjana has her own website http://www.wikingerzeit.de if you would want to check out other options. Her prices are pretty equal to mine for the patterns I could figure out..... prices generally will be affected by the lenght you order, not so much the patterns because they are (in my case) divided in 3 groups anyway....

Thank you all again and love to hear from all of you...
Nancy xxx
Nancy Devlin

Postby Nancy Devlin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Evening all,

Since i have severe problems downloading pictures on this website (most likely because they are too big and my puter doesn't have a compress button), I want to send you again to my facebook page for a thorough look at the photo-album there..... I've put up some more pics of new patterns, some of which i copied from Tatjana (with her knowledge) along with a measuring tape on it to give you an idea of the width of the braids (for Jon mainly :D ). I've found out that the difference between linen and woollen braids isn't that great, from wool 1 inch to linen 3/4 inch. The slimmer the braid the smaller the difference, methinks.
I am also in the process of ordering linen thread, and for anyone else who needs linen thread, try www.holma.se, website is in English as well as Swedish....

Nancy xx
Nancy Devlin

Return to Buy and Sell