Early music trade

Share your work & ask for assistence for arts & crafts that don't fit into a specific time period

Moderator: the_power

Early music trade

Postby Ronseal on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Hey I was wondering if there were any of ye who had any early music as mp3 files or cds, I'm always on the lookout for more music, multi period, mainly secular, not too keen on religious music but not completely against it entirely. Interested in anything before the true onset of the early modern period circa pre 1650 ie the death od monteverdi and the birth of bach and vivaldi. Would anyone be interested in sharing music files at all, for personal enjoyment and for possible use at events and music that will be utterly time and period specific for each event. I have some 60- 70 early music cds and the majority of that is on mp3 format, to the equivalent of7gb-8gb, perhaps more, and very willing to share with people.
Some of the periods/cds I have are:
Greek and roman music from classical papyrus fragments, recreationist roman music.
10th century harp and song from the rhineland
several 11th - 16th century collections, norman, troubadour, trouvere, minnesingers,
Carmina burana, songs of the montpellier codex, the Cantigas de Santa Maria, music of the crusades- military and pilgrimage,the travels of marco polo- ( dance music from the time of boccacios Decameron, c. 1320-50, byzantine chant, girl songs of cyprus, arabic dances, mongolian melody, chinese ceremonial music etc)
Elizabethan music and songs
Monteverdi, Gesualdo, Tallis; the beginings of classical music and opera
english bawdy ballads :mrgreen:

Mark
Stone sir?
No they've got the lot there, lying around on the ground!
Ronseal
Full Name: Mark Corcoran

Re: Early music trade

Postby wiblick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm afraid I don't have much of an interest in the music, and I realise you are looking for trade but these websites may be of interest

http://livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/passamezzo/

and our own

http://www.causewaymusic.co.uk/mandragora.html
I am off active duty for 2009 & 2010. I continue to research but will be attending few if any shows for these two years. I got some chickens and hope to bring them along with a more fully rounded household display in 2011.
wiblick
Active Newbie
Full Name: Aoife

Postby Ronseal on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks ;) Have you looked at the Trouvere site, based in york they are responsible for my love of early music!
just remembered I have a recording of 14th century icelandic Eddas and miscellanious harp and lute recordings too, including a recording of greensleeves that doesnt suck, but is rather sublime :D
Stone sir?
Ronseal

Postby lightbringer on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 am

Hi!

Early Music is sadly neglected, considering one of the main composers, John Dowland was from Dalkey, Co. Dublin.

I have his collected works and other assorted stuff!

FJR6
You're losing,you're losing,you're losing your vitamin C, vitamin C

www.heavenandhell.org.uk
lightbringer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Michael Rother

Postby Ronseal on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 pm

What other early music do you have? be good to swap and share music files, have about 5 or 6 gb of early music mp3 files. Not too much a fan of tudor music much, it sounds very convoluted but not reached the purer sounds and experimentation of the later renaissance and early baroque music forms. I do have a copy of the dowland project, its a good modern interpretation and variant of 16th century music, albeit performed with modern instruments than period ones. ;)
Stone sir?
Ronseal

Postby Fionnuala on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 am

Hello.
I have a couple of resources for you concerning this topic.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/minstrel.html
This first site has a bunch of links you can try for information to period music resources. I haven't reviewed all of the links on this page, so I'm not sure how many have mp3s. I know there is some photographs of period sheet music, though... and the following site which I have grabbed a few songs from myself.

http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/
This site is one of the links on the previous site, but I wanted to draw special attention to it because I know it has a section for documented Pre-1600 music. There are some associated mp3s included.

I also know a few 'bawdy' songs as well. (a few.. LOL... :twisted: ) Some period, some not, some are filks.

~ fionnuala
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Fionnuala
Full Name: Fionnuala

Return to Arts & Crafts