Assembly website

Moderator: the_power

Assembly website

Postby Malo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi everyone,

as discussed at the assembly meeting today in Monasterevin, i have set up a website that will function as a directory for all re-enactment groups and individuals in ireland, that wish to be represented on it.

I will also over the next few days contact each group and individual i know and invite them to join this website.

Every group and idividual that wants to join this website would be requested to provide information on their group, contact details, and weblink (if they have one) and maybe two or three pictures (as I am not that familiar with "pre-gunpowder" eras please also state with category your group fits in, i.e. Bronze age, early medieval, late medieval, etc. If you don't see your era on the website, please let me know and it'll be put on).

This is a free website and noone will be charged for being represented

Also on this website will be links to sutlers with reviews on their products and services, so if you know anyone you would recommend or not, send me the link with a little feedback as to why or why not you would recommend this site.

I just to point out again that this is not to single goups or individuals out, but to give a better and easier view and overview on Irish re-enactment to outsiders.

All rivalry between groups or individuals that might be posted in the guestbook of this website will be deleted IMMEDIATELY by me, as i will check the guestbook for negative comments every day.

I believe this website would be good thing as people can see all eras, groups and areas that being re-enacted in Ireland.

The way the website will be set up once I have the above mentioned details of groups is that there will be different categories of the different eras. For example: Napoleonic wars = 9eme Legere, 86th Leinster, 88th Connaught Rangers, 87th Prince of Wales' Own, etc. World War 2 = Battlegroup South, Wargroup, KGK (given that these groups want to be reprsented).

If you or your group want to represented on this website or at least want your website be listed on the links list email me. Or if you don't have my email adress pm me and I will give you my email then or contact me via the contact form on

http://assembly-of-irish-reenactment.page.tl

NO GROUP WILL BE REJECTED!!!
Last edited by Malo on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vive La Nation!!!
Malo
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jaques-Louis Malo

Re: Assembly website

Postby Dave Mooney on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 am

That same offer was made here at Livinghistory.ie but had like 2 takers. Each group had the offer of a web page to promote their group with a small overview of the group, one crest, one image and a link to their own Home page.

On a design angle: What if a group does multi period? The era links limit where you're referenced or if you're allowed, will allow a group to list themselves several times? Which will you be going with?
Our group for example can represent Mesolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Early Historic (Early Christian) Gael & Norse, is developing a late 13th Cen display of Norman & Gael (costumes at least this year), and some can do Late 15th Cen (War of the Roses) Man-at-Arm & Irish Kern stretching that to 16th Cen and two of us are putting together 17th Cen costume for a local castle event we do each year also.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Re: Assembly website

Postby Malo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:55 am

i was thinking of having the groups set up in the different ages so that when people are looking for a specific era they see which group is doing it for example Lord Edwards own are doing the napoleonics, ww1 and irish war of independence. so in the napoleonics I will have them listed as the 86th foot in ww1 as the leinster regiment and irish war of independence as lord edwards own.

or one of my groups for example: the zouaves. in the american civil war they are listed as 62nd new york volunteers in the victorian age and ww1 as 3eme regiment des zouaves.

so just send me the info and in which eras you want what and I will put it that way.

cheers
Vive La Nation!!!
Malo
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jaques-Louis Malo

Return to General Chat