You might be a reenactor if..

Moderator: the_power

Re: You might be a reenactor if..

Postby finnobreanan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Here's my new reply to the constant question, "Are you hot in those clothes?" I just turn around, look over my shoulder and check my butt out and ask, "I don't know, do you think they make me look hot?" :shock:

Here's another question I have heard. While working as a Living History volunteer on an American Civil War battlefield (National Park), a spectator asked me if they put all those markers on the battlefield so the soldiers would no where to stand. :o

I also had a spectator ask, at another Civil War battlefield, if George Washington won that battle! :lol:
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Postby Irish-American on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:32 pm

My fav was I was on the other side of the rope at reenactment getting a soda (farb I know! Bad Adam!) and this dude asked me: "You're a reenactor right??" (I was in full confederate uniform, 1861 Colt in holster, grew ruff facehair)
I almost said: "No! I was on way to the mall!" :D
Or a group of Bradan's sharpshooters walked by and kid shouted out, "That's the Irish brigade, Dad!" (only cuz they wear the dark green unifroms) I was like *facepalm*
Irish-American
Active Newbie
Full Name: I'd rather not say

Postby Ronseal on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 pm

You got kicked out of a Daughters of the American revolution!!?! Nice job there mate!!!!! :mrgreen:
I have to go with something John Nichol's said to me a few years back... you know you're a re enactor too long when you grab your jeans at the sides to heave them up going up and down the stairs,, then only to realise you're not wearing a heavy and long tunic and you're in public doing it....
I do the same thing whenever I'm in a towel... :mrgreen: :roll:
Stone sir?
No they've got the lot there, lying around on the ground!
Ronseal
Full Name: Mark Corcoran

Previous

Return to General Chat