The Assembly

Moderator: the_power

The Assembly

Postby templarcommander on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:22 am

A1
At our Limerick Meeting on Jan 17th, it was decided to establish an Assembly. The following is what has come about and is a start in my attempt to describe the Assembly and its workings. I would appreciate all your help with making this work. I have given the name of [b]A1
(“Assembly First” � a �king �le. Lat�maybe to �turned into�car sticker and Uniform patch – le�e�o�t�t�k�u�e�m�g�W�v�1�r�s�p�ent� �s�m� pr�s�t�e�d�i�f�e�r t�b�er �all involved.

A1 was created to enable more people to come together, and to support people with similar goals for their hobby while enjoying being part of a large community. A1 exists to give solid information, guidance and support people, engaged in our wonderful hobby. A1 works so that people are free to concentrate on what they do best- enjoy their hobby
A1 aims to establish a relationship with the relevant Governmental departments and will serve to ensure accurate communications and a healthy dialogue between re-enactors and our Government. There is a need for a recognised body and A1 will build upon the initial meeting, which took place on Jan 17th 2009, to deepen and strengthen this.
A1 is not intrusive. The Assembly does not have any input or control over groups. It merely serves its members and the groups they represent. We can all benefit from this Assembly. A1 works with a wide range of people to enhance what we do. Event Organisers, Vehicle collectors, Film, TV, Museums, Historical Festivals and Venues.
New demands are being placed upon the community and our hobby and A1 will rise to meet the challenges and issues they bring. The Assembly will recognise and seize new ideas and put best practice into practice. We work for the membership and we wish to improve our hobby for one and all.

A1 will co-ordinate with all, we will maintain healthy communications between all involved and we aim to put into practice best Health and Safety practices, Insurance Policies and also Training standards. A1 has no say in group affairs. A1 is just committed to seeing the hobby strengthen and grow. All groups maintain their integrity and independent status. Each group can now call upon the strength of over 20 other groups.

United under this Assembly we will achieve so much more – and many of you are th�ing along t�same lines. A1and�09 �l change Irish Re-e�tment for t�better of us all. A1 wi�drive this and will provide bigger and better experiences for all. There are no closed doors in A1 – A1 is for the entire com�ity. The next�eting of the Assembly� �March 28th in Kildare. �tact me for f�her details.
Thank you On�nd All for your support in this.
Con O’ Sullivan
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Re: The Assembly

Postby templarcommander on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 am

There are errors appearing in the text when i try to post this, I have tried to correct this with little success as you can see. If anyone wants the correct text let me know.

Thank you.
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Re: The Assembly

Postby Nerva on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Some of the text corrected.

A1
At our Limerick Meeting on Jan 17th, it was decided to establish an Assembly. The following is what has come about and is a start in my attempt to describe the Assembly and its workings. I would appreciate all your help with making this work. I have given the name of A1 (“Assembly First” �a w�ing title. Later maybe to be turned into a car sticker and Uniform patch – le�e�ow �t you think at our next meeting). With over 18 groups represented, this Assembly promises to be a driving force for the better of all involved.

A1 was created to enable more people to come together, and to support people with similar goals for their hobby while enjoying being part of a large community. A1 exists to give solid information, guidance and support people, engaged in our wonderful hobby. A1 works so that people are free to concentrate on what they do best- enjoy their hobby

A1 aims to establish a relationship with the relevant Governmental departments and will serve to ensure accurate communications and a healthy dialogue between re-enactors and our Government. There is a need for a recognised body and A1 will build upon the initial meeting, which took place on Jan 17th 2009, to deepen and strengthen this.

A1 is not intrusive. The Assembly does not have any input or control over groups. It merely serves its members and the groups they represent. We can all benefit from this Assembly. A1 works with a wide range of people to enhance what we do. Event Organisers, Vehicle collectors, Film, TV, Museums, Historical Festivals and Venues.

New demands are being placed upon the community and our hobby and A1 will rise to meet the challenges and issues they bring. The Assembly will recognise and seize new ideas and put best practice into practice. We work for the membership and we wish to improve our hobby for one and all.

A1 will co-ordinate with all, we will maintain healthy communications between all involved and we aim to put into practice best Health and Safety practices, Insurance Policies and also Training standards. A1 has no say in group affairs. A1 is just committed to seeing the hobby strengthen and grow. All groups maintain their integrity and independent status. Each group can now call upon the strength of over 20 other groups.

United under this Assembly we will achieve so much more – and �y o�ou ar�hinking along the same lines. A1 and 2009 will change Irish Re-enactment for the better of us all. A1 will drive this and will provide bigger and better experiences for all. There are no closed doors in A1 – A1 is � the �ire com�ity.

The next meeting of the Assembly is on March 28th in Kildare. Contact me for further details.

Thank you One and All, for your support in this.
Con O’ Sullivan
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Return to General Chat