Anyone interested: One Day Emergency First Aid Course

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Anyone interested: One Day Emergency First Aid Course

Postby sabrewolfe on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 am

Hi All dunno if you have been checking out the thread in General chat viewtopic.php?f=20&t=674&st=0&sk=t&sd=a about First Aid at gigs.

In light of all the interest being shown for people receiving training in First Aid, I have been in touch with the Red Cross and if there is sufficient interest I will organise the running of a one day course in Emergency First Aid. Provisionally the cost is €80 per person (eighty euro for anyone whose pc is like mine and having difficulty displaying the euro symbol). The maximum number of people that can take part in this course is Ten. If people are interested in taking part can they please email me or PM me. If there is not enough interest in this then I wont organise it.

Its a good time for groups too think about getting one of their members trained to give a bit of simple First Aid at gigs to their members, all members who attend will receive an attendance certificate.

This course is very basic, The Practical course is more advanced and would be better, this is a 2 day course . and the cert is valid for 2 years,the cost is 130 per person.
Last edited by sabrewolfe on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

Need a free Medic or First Aider for your gig check out http://sites.google.com/site/sabre151/monkeymedical
Trauma Junkie "Its not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you are"
sabrewolfe
Active Newbie
Full Name: Paul Brangan

Re: Anyone interested: One Day Emergency First Aid Course

Postby Seven clancy on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm

I'd be interested. It would be handy to have. Once it's on a weekend, I'm in.
Seven clancy
Full Name: 7 Jeannine Clancy

Postby sabrewolfe on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Ok thats four people I have interested so far. Any more takers
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

Need a free Medic or First Aider for your gig check out http://sites.google.com/site/sabre151/monkeymedical
Trauma Junkie "Its not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you are"
sabrewolfe
Active Newbie

Postby sabrewolfe on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Ok after further consultation and bullying of my unit training officer I can update you with the following a two day basic course can be done for about eighty euro per person this course will include a certificate valid for two years. With this course a one day refresher is required within a few weeks of when your cert expires in order too remain current and quallified. If there is sufficient interest this course will be run in one weekend in ballymun with two twelve hour training sessions one on a saturday and one a sunday and no doubt a large piss up in between.

Please post your interest here. Again this will not happen if insufficent interest is shown.
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

sabrewolfe
Active Newbie

Return to Events