Reenacting at a Scout event?

Moderator: the_power

Reenacting at a Scout event?

Postby ssgtduane on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Well i am a Scout of many a year and I was told before Christmas that there was a camp next may in killcully cork.Now the theme for the event is medival so we were told there was going to be capapult making and the like but at the end of the weekend there was to be a "recreation of a historical battle" as my leader so profoundly but it :roll: .Anyway i was just wondering who is hosting the event, wont be there there myself, getting 2 old for this scout malarky :(

S/SGT.Duane:)
ssgtduane
Full Name: Dylan Duane-Roche

Re: Reenacting at a Scout event?

Postby bannerman on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:50 am

Hello Dylan, {Mc Gyver? :?: }
I was involved in the scouts up to Venturer level and then became a scout leader for a number of years. Funilly enough all that stopped when I started Re-enactment. Ach sin sceal eile. I know that the Melvin (CBSI) National Scouting Campcraft Competition in 1991 had a 1691 theme and the scouts taking part were encouraged to get into some sort of costume as it was the 300 year anniversery. Unfortunately there was no 1798 theme in Kilcully 1998! instead the theme was medieval Ireland and the events and "bases" were supposed to be framed around that. I heard that medieval re-enactors from Cork were going to "perform" at an international camp (not quite a jamboree) in Kilcully 2 years later that had a celtic theme but it never came off.

You should enquire off your regional comissioner whats going on, or else write to Scouting Ireland HQ - posting here isnt a bad idea anyway to find out if anyone you know is attending.
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Postby Ambiorix apsealgair on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 pm

my cousin works out there i can get onto him and find out any info??
i was involved in scouts for nine years, most fun memorys happened at that place :P
Ambiorix apsealgair
Active Newbie
Full Name: Alex Lee

Postby brendan_the_lesser on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh thats right in my neck of the woods, plus i was in scouting for over 10 years and my brother is a leader, better see if i can get involved....
Lorna Dane, She's a babe!

Expandable Youth?
brendan_the_lesser
Full Name: Brendan Halpin

Return to General Chat