Bagpiper Available

Merchants can advertise here, private individuals are welcome to hawk their wares. Seek advice on new investments!

Moderator: the_power

Bagpiper Available

Postby Beirbuadh on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:08 pm

I play the bagpipes, and mostly cover weddings, funerals, and birthday parties. I would however cover any occasion (non pollitical). I'd especially like to do somthing historic, I do have a Léine Ionar and Brat etc, that I often wear while busking. So, If your looking for a piper, give me a shout here, or the website is www.irishweddingbagpipes.com . Price depends on the gig. Archie.
Beirbuadh
Full Name: Alan Mac Archie

Re: Bagpiper Available

Postby bannerman on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Hello Alan.
My name is Padraig O Ruairc and im currently based at the other end of Ireland to you [Cape Clear Island, Co. Cork] but I used to work at Glendalough as a tourguide and I notice you have some photos on your site from there. I tried learning the Bagpipes but switched to the Uilleann pipes instead and have been learning them for about three years now. I have a friends in Chester who plays some mean piobaracht on highland pipes, jigs and reels on small and border pipes and who is researching the history of anchient Irish Harps and pipes. Id be glad to put you two in touch.
Id be interested in meeting you for a chat sometime if Im up in the wicklow/ dublin area again. are you from the area origionally? Do you know Dessie Seerie hes an uilleann pipe maker in Bray?

Padraig

Anyone else interested in the pipes should read "The early history of Piping in Ireland" By Sean Donnelly distributed by Na Piobairi Uilleann.
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Postby rinuccini on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:15 pm

In a contempory description of Irish Confederate Armies during the wars of the 1640-50s. The writer stated thet the Irish used bagpipes in the same way that other armies used drums. I.E. to communicate orders to units on the battlefield.
rinuccini

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:31 pm

rinuccini wrote:In a contempory description of Irish Confederate Armies during the wars of the 1640-50s. The writer stated thet the Irish used bagpipes in the same way that other armies used drums. I.E. to communicate orders to units on the battlefield.

very interesting i had heard this years ago but oft times shook that notion off , beir buadh ( victory will be with us ) an interesting choice of names i compliement on this choice used to be the motto of a running club i was a member of .
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Return to Buy and Sell