Making a living

Moderator: the_power

Making a living

Postby bannerman on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Just to let anyone out there who is unemployed or about to be let go in this recessionary ice age, that the Irish Heritage Service has just placed ads in all the national and local newspapers seeking recruits to work as guides/ information officers (thats tour guide to you and me) to work in heritage sites all around the country.Well 26 counties of it any way :roll:
Ive done this job for three seasons and found it thouroughly enjoyable, with good pay and sociable hours and conditions. The hardest thing about it is getting all those weekends off in the summertime to go to re-enactments. I know that there are some really comitted and passionate re-enactors out there who would make a fantastic job of presenting our history, heritage and archaeology to the public. So if anyone is in a position to apply for one of these jobs id say go for it!

Slan
Padraig
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Re: Making a living

Postby claimhteoir on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:15 pm

That's the kind of job I've been looking for. I turned down office work in the hope of getting something like that but there was nothing. Have started looking at office jobs again as of 2 days ago... got to be fate! Thanks for that! ;)
claimhteoir
Active Newbie
Full Name: None Set

Re: Making a living

Postby bannerman on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:52 pm

No problem, you get a list of the sites that they are looking for guides at, with the application form. Best of luck with it.
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Return to General Chat