Meeting

Moderator: the_power

Meeting

Postby templarcommander on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:28 am

With the desire to move Re-enactment ahead and to "Improve", being so strong - I have decided to hold a meeting with the support of up to 5 groups so far, to make this happen. The date for this meeting is Jan 17th 2009 taking place in Limerick.

All those interested in such a meeting are welcome. This meeting is about action, so it is not purely another "talk shop". I would apprecite your support with this, and please let me know by end of next week if you will be there.

This meeting is open to ALL. It is about Re-enactment and how we can do better at what we all enjoy so much. So please lend your support. We may even mend a few broken fences.

Thank you to those who have already committed to this. I look forward to 2009 and meeting up with you all.
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Re: Meeting

Postby the_power on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 am

I appreciate your enthusiasm. It's likely a good idea to let people know who you are, what groups are going, and what the agenda is likely to be.

Otherwise, people who have stuff to do are unlikely to give up a weekend to travel to Limerick to talk with people they don't know, with no idea what talk will be about or achieve.

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Postby Dave Mooney on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:50 am

Likewise. There is much moving about in the background at the moment that might be damaged by an impromptu meeting at this stage.
Such as the Clontarf discussion/establishment document and the Forum for History & Heritage. Both in their earliest form and not ready for general consumption yet.
I'd need to know what I was coming to and what's arranged. You don't have any identifying details in your profile and I've no idea if I've met you. I only know you from some of your commentary here. The groups you mention might come on and make themselves known also. Then we, all/the majority, can decide to meet up.
What venue have you in mind? will it cater for us? There are several groups in the area may know the venues better that could advise also. Or indeed get them for free.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby templarcommander on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Thank you Dave and John,

I am Cornelius O' Sullivan, based in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick. Co-founder of The Silver Shields, Society of Knights Part 2, with Sean Shiels whom you both know. I am the founder of of the Knights of God (Crusader) group and DAS REICH IRELAND. You may have seen me at many events, i am the one in the Templar tunic :-)

In this game for over 9 years now, fenced before that for 5 years around european comps. blah blah blah

The groups already committed thankfully are:

Legion Ireland - Martin's Great Group
KGK
The Pards
Price Edwards's own
The Wild Geese
Das Reich Ireland
Knights of God
The Silver Shield
Plus many Great Individuals...

For Agenda PM me or email me. General Purpose is to create a "fellowship" of like minded people, no officerships or any of that, no telling others what to do, to create a code of conduct amongst mutually supportive groups and make contacts. So as to enable us ALL to move onwards and upwards (Excelsior), together.

Venure TBA, if you know of somewhere suitable let me know. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Postby Dave Mooney on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks for posting the info Con.

Not meaning to rain on any parade here, and I get the spirit of where you're going, but I'm not so sure about the loose 'fellowship' idea and we've tried 'general consensus without subscription' with the Safety Guidelines pack in the past, to little avail. I'd like time to mull it over before entering into any real debate on it here. Time is not my own today. And given the nature of LH.ie it will be debated before most of us would agree to meet up. I'm sure by the time I get back there will be a few comments to take in again anyway.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby Malo on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi there,

Count me in for this meeting!

cheers

Kai
Vive La Nation!!!
Malo
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jaques-Louis Malo

Postby tommyargue on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:34 am

Howdy.

looking forward to seeing everyone there. A great idea.

Jude.
I want my scalps
tommyargue
Active Newbie
Full Name: jude stynes

Postby Nerva on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Salvete Omnes!

We will be there Con. A number of aspects of Irish re-enactment are in a sorry state. Personally I think what Con is proposing is very positive.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 pm

B.
Last edited by Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby thepikeman on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Enniscorthy Historical & Re-enactment Society will be represented at your meeting .please give details of time and venue.

. ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE.
thepikeman
Full Name: ray murphy

Next

Return to General Chat