Pictures from the Thurles parade

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Pictures from the Thurles parade

Postby museumtom on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:50 pm

The parade was brilliant and all made possible by the goodwill and selflessness of those who put themselves out. A warm THANK YOU to all who managed to make it on the day. I really can understand why some could not be there as the rain was crazy. It stopped for a brief period and the parade went ahead. This parade was made possible because it was not organised by any club or group so there was no bias on anyones part. Everyone that was there came because they wanted to be there. There was a book launch later that evening when the participents came back to Holycross and there was food and drink for all.
To all who participated I thank you once again and if you are having a show and need some support you are in the right place on this forum and I will be the first to volunteer. Many thanks to all the re-enactors and vehicle owners who came from Enniscorthy, Gorey, Dublin, Portlaoise, Mountmellick, Monasterevin, Newmarket-on- Fergus, Limerick, Kerry, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wickow, The Curragh, Louth and Cork.
I have put some images for you all here;
http://museumtom.hu.tl/pictures.htm
Enjoy.
Always in your debt.
Tom Burnell.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Re: Pictures from the Thurles parade

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:29 am

hi tom

photos look excellent and glad that it all passed off well , certainly i recognise most if not all the faces and i bet that the craic would have been great , look forward to seeing you all at the beginning of december in limerick where we are all meeting . regards shergar
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby jackboot on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your hospitality in Thurles over the weekend. My son [the drummer] and I really had a lovely time.
I am glad it all went off brilliantly for you.You deserve it as you always support all events all over the country.
The photos are excellent and I see Ray the pikeman had his own private nurse on the day :lol: :lol: .
Uniforms were top notch.
Thanks again Tom for a lovely day.
Jackboot
jackboot
Full Name: james forde

Postby Nerva on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:00 pm

museumtom wrote:To all who participated I thank you once again and if you are having a show and need some support you are in the right place on this forum and I will be the first to volunteer. Many thanks to all the re-enactors and vehicle owners who came from Enniscorthy, Gorey, Dublin, Portlaoise, Mountmellick, Monasterevin, Newmarket-on- Fergus, Limerick, Kerry, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wickow, The Curragh, Louth and Cork.

And what about Rome :?: We spent 4 bloody weeks in a Gally sailing through the Med and Atlantic to get here and don't even get a mention :roll: And where was the rape and pillege we were promised :D :D

Seriously though, it was a great day and we were glad to be able to support you Tom ;)

Cheers

Martin
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby museumtom on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:39 pm

It was my privilege to have ye. Had I known the Romans wanted to be raped and pillaged by Jupiter I could have at least have arranged to have them pillaged. Its all settling down now for the winter and packing things away and painting stuff and arguing with the wife...all the usual stuff before the summer comes and we are off again!!
Thanks again guys!!
Kind regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie

Postby tommyargue on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:05 am

I want my scalps
tommyargue
Active Newbie
Full Name: jude stynes

Postby museumtom on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Lovely selection of pictures Jude, many thanks. If anyone comes across coverage in newspapers of the parade please post it here. I will post whatever is in Thursdays Tipperary Star on this page.
Kind regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie

Postby The Pards on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey Tom,

Good fun last Saturday and a great day all together. Always a pleasure to meet up with friends and join in the common good.

Do'nt think Thurles was ready for our 'Auxi' company, judging by the faces of some of the public...............but then again they were'nt ready the first time round either! :twisted:

Looking forward to meeting up again in the new season.

Love the book :)

So well done on both fronts!

Dave
Fight the Good Fight!

Fred Ricksburg,

The Pard's
The Pards
Full Name: Fred Ricksburg

Postby museumtom on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks Dave always great to meet the Pards. Dont forget let me know which graves you are missing. If I dont have them they dont exist.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie

Postby Nerva on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 am

museumtom wrote:It was my privilege to have ye. Had I known the Romans wanted to be raped and pillaged by Jupiter I could have at least have arranged to have them pillaged. Tom.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Next

Return to Events