Content for livinghistory.ie

Moderator: the_power

Content for livinghistory.ie

Postby the_power on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey all. I'm looking to collect tutorials & howtos that people have written over the last while. I'm also looking for kit guides etc. If you want to keep copyright/control etc. that's cool, just let me know and I'll link to it rather than copy it to the site & take over maintenance. Anyone who wants to maintain & create articles are welcome to help.

Anyway, the first few works-in-progress are up on; http://sites.google.com/a/livinghistory.ie/tutorials/

Any articles are to be covered by the following trailer;
All articles are listed under a Creative Commons "Attribution, Noncommercial, Share and Share Alike" licence. You are welcome to copy any content here, as long as the copy retains any authorship information, and any changes are offered back to the authors for no cost. No commerical use is permitted without prior arrangement.

Hopefully that will allow all the people who have made up decent articles etc. to submit them, but keep their rights to them.

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Re: Content for livinghistory.ie

Postby gobae on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:29 am

I have a spear making tutorial that I wrote up for a Norse re-enactment group's newsletter not too long ago.

What format would you like the info in? I originally gave them the text in MS Word and sent along the pics separate.
gobae
Full Name: Dan Crowther

Postby the_power on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 pm

That's fine, I'll reformat it, or if you want, you can have a livinghistory.ie "Apps Login", which will let you do it yourself until you are happy with it. (it'll also get you an @livinghistory.ie email address, your own sites @livinghistory.ie, docs/calendar/presentations etc.)

I'm going to put up the Medieval Mead & Beer presentation I did for Med Ren years ago, as well as a recent Sword & Buckler one myself and Brendan gave in Google. I'll add some content around it, but it's nice to be able to click through someones powerpoint notes while reading more in-depth content.

John
the_power
Active Newbie

Postby gobae on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:04 pm

John, I sent emails to you with the text and photos attached for the spear making tutorial.
gobae
Full Name: Dan Crowther

Postby knightofredemption on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:46 pm

How about a link to Kass Mcgann's site, the articles section has some of the best info to be found. I know she is away until Sunday, she is more than willing to allow links to the articles. If you like I'll give her a shout Monday and ask her to get in touch.
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby the_power on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:49 am

OK, added the "making a spear" tutorial, added Kass & a few more kit guides that I remembered. I've also put in Irish & Icelandic drill commands. Anything else ? Use this topic for posting URLs that you think would be useful.

John
the_power
Active Newbie

Return to General Chat