New Online Warfare Course

Irish and European fighting styles and techniques, and the required Arms & Armour

Moderator: the_power

New Online Warfare Course

Postby wiblick on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:57 pm

http://livinghistory.co.uk/forums/viewt ... highlight=

check out this topic on lh.co.uk. I've asked if people in Ireland can sign up, don't see any reason why they couldn't. But we'll see. Could be very interesting.

am running ten-week courses for Cardiff University's Lifelong Learning Department entitled Medieval Warfare: Tactics, Technology and Society. Using a variety of primary and secondary sources, the course considers the origins, nature and development of warfare from the eleventh to the fifteenth centuries. It looks at such topics as the limitations on warfare, the dominance of the medieval knight and the supposed revolutions in warfare of the late fourteenth-century.

The course materials, lectures and seminar discussion boards are all accessed from home via the web, with assessment being sent by e-mail.

Whilst it is open to all, it is an accredited module and, on successful completion of the assessment, is worth ten credits at level one that can be used towards a qualification at any Higher Education institution.

The next one starts on the 22nd of October and the one following that on the 18th of February.

Anyone interested can find more details at http://choices.cf.ac.uk/choices/show_fu ... ect_area=7
I am off active duty for 2009 & 2010. I continue to research but will be attending few if any shows for these two years. I got some chickens and hope to bring them along with a more fully rounded household display in 2011.
wiblick
Active Newbie
Full Name: Aoife

Re: New Online Warfare Course

Postby brendan on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:31 pm

just found this one - looks interesting

February...

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Return to Historic Martial Arts, Arms and Armour