Heritage Week 2009

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Heritage Week 2009

Postby Dave Mooney on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Does anyone have any events on in Heritage Week next year?
(That's if it happens, I'm hearing it may get dumped in the next few years as it's not working any more- something to do with the running of it going from Ducas to the Heritage Council. I'd say the local site managers were more inclined to run these events when it was their boss telling them to do so.)

Heritage week can be one big clash point for events. Nearly everyone has their own gig on and then a dozen they want to go to. Until they have a 'Heritage Quarter' that probably wont go away.

BTW, The heritage grants are due in by the 14th of November, that's 3 weeks away.

A list of all heritage week gigs here please:
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Re: Heritage Week 2009

Postby wiblick on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:07 pm

assuming no change to the pattern of previous years I will go where-ever Irish Arms send me, most liklely the Battle of the Boyne site at Oldbridge.
I am off active duty for 2009 & 2010. I continue to research but will be attending few if any shows for these two years. I got some chickens and hope to bring them along with a more fully rounded household display in 2011.
wiblick
Active Newbie
Full Name: Aoife

Postby Dave Mooney on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:23 pm

We did both weekends this year. Beth & me did Kilmallock for Sean & Mel and the next weekend we did a split and did two small things the same day. One at Portumna Castle (2 bods) and one at The Hunt Museum (1 bod plus a buddy we hope to bring in). Portumna is annual at this stage and we always get the call so are trying to develop a display for them even if it's a bit late for what the group usually do.
Everyone else seemed to be doing something other than Heritage week...too much on.

One reason I'm asking is I'm meeting a guy about a project and he's talking about a heritage week exhibit and we will have to commit to that as an entire group... with possible draftees.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby wiblick on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Heritage week is chaos. As I say we just wait for Irish Arms to tell us which direction to drive and off we go! So we're booked to infinity for those two weekends every year (we being myself and Frank). As far as I remember Fingal LHS did Salute one of the weekends this year.
I am off active duty for 2009 & 2010. I continue to research but will be attending few if any shows for these two years. I got some chickens and hope to bring them along with a more fully rounded household display in 2011.
wiblick
Active Newbie
Full Name: Aoife

Return to Events