It's getting to me lads....

Moderator: the_power

It's getting to me lads....

Postby panda on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 pm

I've been here over 2 months...I haven't has a decent pint of stout, no decent spuds and its far too dry.... :P
So too alieveate my needs I hope to head home for a weekend. THe weekend in question I hope to go out fer drinks on the saturday (which will be the 20th of this month) . Plan is Franciscan well from 7. Anyone wanna tag along?
"Althalus was a thief after all and he devoutly believed that actually working for a living was immoral"

Remember kids: fork + shoe = spleen

Fightin, drinkin' an' snaffling coo beastie!!!!!!!!!!
panda
Active Newbie

Re: It's getting to me lads....

Postby gaius marius on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:40 pm

A good night of hard drinking :? as if you had to ask 8-)
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go bua
gaius marius
Active Newbie

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

I dont really drink but now you have said it . what about several of us meeting up for meal / drinks evening in Dublin some time in the not to distant future , we in KGK are doing this at the end of the month where the majority of the club ( more than 4 , 1 dog with 3 legs and a youth lol ;) ) are meeting up to discuss the multiperiod events and battles we will be attending next year. As there are that many to go to in Ireland and in the UK and this stretches your resources and logistics , it is better to discuss and plan ahead . However I do see the value in the great and the unwashed meeting up and having a bit of craic what do you other forum users think of this ?????
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby panda on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Ok due to flights and stuff it be looking like it may be on the weekend after.....
"Althalus was a thief after all and he devoutly believed that actually working for a living was immoral"

Remember kids: fork + shoe = spleen

Fightin, drinkin' an' snaffling coo beastie!!!!!!!!!!
panda
Active Newbie

Postby the_power on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Shergar, a bunch of us met up in the Bull & Castle's beer hall last christmas. Might be an idea do organise a proper open-to-everyone session there this year...good ale, decent whiskey.

I might just pick a random weekend-ish night, late in December, and stick in the calendar. We were all going to come dressed in kit last year, but chickened out in the end. I'd be afraid it'd turn out like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4IS4OwOkYg !

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Dia duit a sheain .............. Hi John , I think that it would be a good idea if members of the forum were to meet up in a social setting like a meal , drink in a bar sort of venue as I have been to a few such settings in the UK and had a great time meeting people that I spoke to on the various forums and I still keep in contact with them . as you know when ever anything is written on a thread or in an email or text it can be taken outta context at times as we are all human , the social interaction between individuals is almost always better to do so on a face to face basis , it also creates new friendships and leads people to better understand where one is coming from .
Also it can be used to resolve differences through understanding where an individual is coming from , A get together involving the spectrum or re-enactors from this forum may well turn out to be a positive step in the right direction towards mutual respect and understanding which I always advocate :) .
So is it possible to perhaps advertise in the next few weeks an evening nearer to christmas were the patrons of this forum can met up, I do not mind if it is in uniform or just in a pair of jeans casual , ideas could be the people who turn up wear a red tie and the ladies a red pair of shoes , then we can try to guess who each person is and match up with their user names and time period in history .
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby bethc on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:49 am

..............just a red tie or a pair of shoes??????? Could be interesting!
bethc
Full Name: Beth Croshaw

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:29 pm

bethc wrote:..............just a red tie or a pair of shoes??????? Could be interesting!

Well Beth I will leave the rest to your imagination. But it would make interesting conversation and break the ice do you not think .
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:15 pm

well at least we know who is not going to the xmas meet up , at least then we can be amongst friends now , so anyone up for meeting in dublin nearer to xmas lol ;)
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby knightofredemption on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Can any one offer me and my good lady a bed for the night? Its a long way home and I'd have to stay sober to drive...some might say thats a good thing :lol:
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Next

Return to General Chat