Das Reich Ireland

From the Crimean War to the Wars in the Gulf. The death of global empires and the rise of a global economy.

Moderator: the_power

Das Reich Ireland

Postby templarcommander on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:47 am

Hi there Everybody,

I have established a Waffen SS Das Reich reenacting Group here in limerick. We are currently seeking new members. So if this is a period of history that interests you, why not get involved. Our primary goals are to learn, teach and have fun.

Having been re-enacting for many a year now, i know how much fun it can be.

We now have 5 members and are growing, thankfully. So if you are interested contact me.

Thank You,
Cornelius.
Das Reich Ireland
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Re: Das Reich Ireland

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:46 am

hi con , just would like to bve the first to welcome you and also to wish your new grouping well and to give you our support in the broader context of the meaning . you are always welcome with your lads to play a more proactive part on our website and obtain guidence on recommended suppliers , look forward seeing you soon . regards from every one at kgk ireland , good to see you on the pst site.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby Nerva on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

OK, Rojer...

Please give me your co-ordinates...B-17's on the way and Lanc's and Stg's by night....

Seriously though Con, good luck to you and yours. I hope you gain a great membership and have a great craic.

Does that mean you templars are allowed to bring MG42's onto the battlefield aginst us? :lol:
Last edited by Nerva on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 pm

just think a battle of the ancients v the ww2 reenactors lol what a sight , although seriously the offer of friendship is there from kgk ireland and may your group grow and prosper . will you be going to detling this year ?
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby templarcommander on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

Nerva & Shergar,

A new idea has just popped into my mind. Next event, we have a "Warrior Showdown" an almost WWE style Royal Rumble :-)

The Templars will of course observe the rules of war as always, "kill em all, God will select his own". :-)

The Templar group is very strong indeed and growing, we are off to the Holy Land in '09, to meet with some friends from the Saracen side. A blessing that we can do such things nowadays.

Thank you for your support Nerva & Shergar.

Das Reich Ireland, is built on the Team spirit that has brought all re-enactors together. It is also what will hold them in times of turmoil. So here is to The Re-enacting world and all its followers. We are such a Great bunch of people, when you stop and think of it.

Shergar, we won't be going to Detling, we are hoping to go to Normandy next year and also we have been invited to commemorate the "Battle of the Bulge" next Dec 09. Can't wait.
The Templars will be in Kilmallock. Looking forward to meeting some friends.

Long Live Re-enacting.
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 am

a pity you wont be attending as detling should be quite good this year , with a lot of multiperiod events and scenarios going on , the battle of the bulge event sounds good , may just ask to hitch a lift with you guys all things permiting , it is heartening to see your group , micks grouping and ours working together and we will see you soon all being well . ill pm you on our forum about a few changes we will be making , also your guys are welcome to log unto our forum and participate in discussion and general sharing of historial information . take care and see you all soon kgk ireland
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby PanzerMeyer on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Con , good luck with your new club .Great to see another German WW2 Reenactment club up and running in the Rep. of Ireland . As I said to you today on the phone you are welcome to battle and train with us any time .We have plenty of spare kit and vehicles to go around , hope you join us for the Salute show in Dublin at the end of the month . Talk soon Con .
PanzerMeyer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Justin Horgan

Postby rommel on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am

Con
Good luck with the group and im gald to see your up and growing since the last time we met .We will be in attendance in the Salute Show in Dublin end of the month as we have been asked to cordiante the batte on Saturday and Sunday and we will have the other two groups from Northern Ireland there also , Die Gruppe and SGNord so it would be a great chance for you and the lads to tkae part in the battle and meet the whole gang and the members of all 3 clubs . Your more than welcome . Im sure we could spare a bike or vehicle for your Aufklarung gruppe .
Rommel
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Postby vonbock on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Hey Con its good to have you on here at long last mate :D
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL
vonbock
Full Name: Alan

Postby templarcommander on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:53 am

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the positive comments. It is great to be involved in such a hobby with such people. Rommel, thank you for the offer, greatly appreciated (an honour really), unfortunately we are not ready for Salute this year. Busy "Training" and getting kit together. A wonderful group we have, and we look forward to getting stuck in very soon.

I am sure that we, DAS REICH IRELAND, will be a positive addition to the whole ww2 re-enacting scene.

Anyone got an "Trip Plan" for Normandy, we are going there next June? Could do with someone's wisdom here.

Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Next

Return to 20th Century