livinghistory.ie

Moderator: the_power

livinghistory.ie

Postby finnobreanan on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I check the board every day on my lunch break. It has been over a week since anyone has posted anything. This discussion board is a wonderfull source for information and discussions and I don't know why it seems to not be utilized anymore. Has everyone moved to facebook? What's up?
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Re: livinghistory.ie

Postby Stephen Curtin on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Hey Scott, I must check on here a couple of times most days, and it does seem to be a little quiet lately. I wonder, has everyone just ran out of things to discuss?
Stephen Curtin
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stephen Curtin

Postby finnobreanan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I've met some very intelligent, well informed people through this site. I was very fortunate to meet up with a number of folks and even did an event with Fingal Living History Group last Fall when my wife and I visited Ireland. These friendships have expanded to fb and we keep in touch there. The problem with discussions concerning living history on fb is that it is not searchable and the discussion is confined to friends.
The livinghistory.ie discussion board is searchable and anyone that joins can find information that they need readily or post questions and comments for all to see and respond to. I think this site is great and a very useful source for all things in Irish Living History.
I want to thank John Looney who started it up and all the administrators like Brendan Griffin and others that work to keep it going.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Postby timothy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 am

I have been shy on posting as a new guy but have been eating up all the older posts. This site is wonderful and it sounds like it usually has some pretty cool people on it. I hope it is just a dry spell.

TIM
timothy
Full Name: Timothy Burris

Postby Seamus Mac Caba on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 pm

I tend not to reply to many posts since I don't feel qualified to speak during the discussions. I will ask questions from time to time.
Seamus Mac Caba
Full Name: Zach Hannel

Postby sabrewolfe on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:25 pm

The site goes through these dry spells ocasionally, I blame facebook. I do try and look in from time to time and definately plan on making a bigger effort to contribute. After all "The Powers" hard work id hate for the site to dwindel and die off.
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

Need a free Medic or First Aider for your gig check out http://sites.google.com/site/sabre151/monkeymedical
Trauma Junkie "Its not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you are"
sabrewolfe
Active Newbie
Full Name: Paul Brangan

Postby brendan on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:27 pm

funny, this is probably the first time I've checked here in a month...not funny. more tragic.
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby knightofredemption on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I think it is true to say most of the communication has tended to have shifted to Facebook, part of this is the Irish community is very small, and most of us know most of us if you see what I mean, so a post to facebook will reach most of the community instantly. Maybe not a good thing...but it is a thing.
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby Cathal on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 am

That's getting more tragic for those Dinosaurs like myself - people who defuse facebook will become extinct. So I'll still continue to support this forum...
...try always to be on the right end of the sword...
Cathal
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stefan Seiler

Postby brendan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:51 am

For me it is also a case of not having much to document at the moment:-(
And you are lucky to be free of Facebook - I recently ran something to work out how much time I have spent using it over the last 5 years....it was a lot. It might explain some of my lack of productivity elsewhere.
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Next

Return to General Chat