1913-1923

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

1913-1923

Postby Mayo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

My name is Brendan and I'm from Mayo.

I intend to form my own group based around the 1913-1923 period of Irish history. I am trying to get the "bottom line" on weapons that go bang used by re-enactors and where to source them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Mayo
Full Name: Brendan Hughes

Re: 1913-1923

Postby brendan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi, welcome on board.
Obviously you need to sort out your firearms permits etc. This board is for discussion only so you can ask people about what weapons are correct. You cannot and must not discuss either in public or by private message the sale or purchase of weaponry.

1913 to 1923 is a rich period in Irish history. You will have your work cut out covering all of it!

Brendan (an admin)
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby Mayo on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you Brendan.

I've searched the interweb for answers to my question re weapons used by re-enactors. I can't find any company that supplies the blank firing guns from the time period that I want. Cap/plug firing guns while look the part, are not very loud - and I'm not interested in non-firing guns at the moment.

I want to make contact with like-minded people who are already involved in re-enacting that period of Irish History. I'd gladly join another group and learn the ropes, rather than trying to re-invent the wheel by myself.

Could you give me a link/ e-mail/ phone number to such a group please?

Brendan Hughes
Last edited by Mayo on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayo
Full Name: Brendan Hughes

Postby enfieldd on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Your local firearms officer will have all the information you need, and will also advise you on the correct legal path to go to keep your proposed club within the law. All involved in re-enactment and living history have to abide by it and different juristictions have different approaches so you must be guided by your local Firearms officer or superintendent.
You should also look here;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvo ... s/?fref=ts
Cheers.
Tom.
enfieldd
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Return to Introductions