Hello from New York

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

Hello from New York

Postby seabaroness on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:06 am

Ahoy Mateys!

I belong to the SCA and Ye Pyrate Brotherhood, a Golden Age of Piracy Reenactment group.

My home port is Long Island, New York, but I have a house in Co. Kerry so I am interested in making contact with reenactors in The Kingdom.

I know the SCA is Ireland and seems to be very active in Dublin, but I haven't seen or heard about any branches in Kerry.

Are there any pirate groups in Ireland?

Fair Winds and Calm Seas.
I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tralee, raid, pillage and otherwise pilfer my weasley black guts out.
seabaroness
Full Name: Frances Avnet

Re: Hello from New York

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Welcome to the forum and enjoy masy regards Mairtin
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby brendan on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 am

Hi and welcome aboard!
You are certainly in the right part of the country for piracy though they stopped doing it for real at least... well a long time ago I'm sure :-)
I don't know of any Pirate groups though I do know of at least one guy in County Clare (Dave Mooney) who has been talking about Pirate themed stuff for a while - See shantys (whether they by capstan or fo'castle etc).
In terms of the broader SCA scene there is some in Dublin and there are some guys in Shinrone in Co Tipperary who are also active. TBH I don't have details on either group to hand :?
In terms of 'mainstream' re-enactment the nearest groups I can think of or Bran Dubh who have some people in County Limerick and others in County Cork or Mogh Roith based around East Clare/Limerick.

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby seabaroness on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:22 am

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your post.
I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tralee, raid, pillage and otherwise pilfer my weasley black guts out.
seabaroness
Full Name: Frances Avnet

Postby johnwik on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 am

Hi All,

Myself john from Dallas, how r u...?
johnwik
Full Name: John Wik

Return to Introductions