I need some irish Volunteers for Photo Shoot

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

I need some irish Volunteers for Photo Shoot

Postby karlmartini on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a final year photography student at Griffith College. For one of my projects I have decided to to a project that involves re-creating a battle scene that would have taken place in the college grounds. Griffith College used to be Wellington Barracks in 1916 and it was attacked during the rising. I'm looking for a few (4 or 5) people who are willing to give me a few hours and are able to get their hands of historically accurate Irish volunteer and possibly crown forces uniforms. I plan to do the shoot in the next couple of weeks. Please email me at karl@karlmartini.com or call me on 0868059782. My portfolio is at www.karlmartini.com

Thanks

Karl
karlmartini
Full Name: Karl Martini

Re: I need some irish Volunteers for Photo Shoot

Postby brendan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Karl,
I am not sure how often people are checking on here these days but if you look at the 'historical revisionism' thread and contact some of the names contributing you might have better luck. Try not to hijack the thread though.
Coming to an agreement on providing the people involved with their own copies of the images might help your case.
Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby karlmartini on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks Brendan. I'll do just that. Also...do you know of any other organisations I can enquire into? Due to the lack of replies here I'm worried I may not get this organized in-time.

Thanks

Karl
karlmartini

Postby brendan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Really those guys are your best bet
brendan
Active Newbie

Postby Billy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

It might be a good idea to offer something in return. It needn't be money, some goodwill gesture, or maybe that you'll donate something to charity or offer to help someone else in need. That way, it doesn't seem like you're benefiting without much effort.

Re-enactors get a lot of requests like yours. Someone without major means and a relatively worthy project, but needs re-enactors' help, with no offer of compensation. I'm not necessarily talking about money, since a lot of people are hard up these days, and very few do these kinds of things for profit.

But if you look at it from the re-enactor point of view, it is yet another person looking for something for nothing, benefiting from the hard work put in by others. A goodwill gesture of some sort would help sweeten the deal.

Offer to make them a meal, like a pot of stew or something. Or make something and sell it online, and donate the money to UNICEF in their name or whatever. Use your imagination.

Good luck with it anyway,
Billy.
Billy MagFhloinn
Billy
Active Newbie

Postby karlmartini on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks Billy. I am certainly willing to re-emburse travel and meals for anyone willing to help me out. I'm a student and I don't have enough funds to make a generous gesture so I'm hoping the offer of expenses and prints of the original image and the resulting artwork will suffice. I hope I don't come across as someone who is looking for something for nothing. If this was being used for financial gain I would certainly pay the volunteers. Thx
karlmartini

Postby brendan on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Did you have any luck contacting people directly?
brendan
Active Newbie

Return to Introductions