Me again

Moderator: the_power

Me again

Postby enfieldd on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 pm

For whatever reason I could not log in as Enfield, even an email to Mr Looney did not fix it so I am now Enfieldd but still the same boring old codger as ever with a different handle.
The winter is here so what have you done to prepare for it? Stock up on containers of water, fuel for the car/vehicle. Have a stock of food/fags/coal in case of being snowed in. Top up your car battery with rain water that has not touched metal.Pop down to the euro shop and stock up on batteries. Arrange any torches and battery porwered items in a place that is easy to access in case of power cuts. Have warm clothing near the hall door and wellies at the ready. Have matches in damp proof or zip lock bags. If you have a generator, now is the time to check it out and top it up with fuel and oil. Be aware if you have a central heating system that the pump can be powered by a generator in case of a power cut. If the you do not have a way to run the pump during a power cut, empty out the fire or the uncirculated heat may damage your system. Check that pipes in the ground are well covered in case of ice. Never laugh at using a hot water bottle, they can be a life saver. Aldi are selling crampons for the shoes in case of ice at the moment for 7.99, might be worth thinking about.
Please feel free to add your own suggestions so that we may all be ready and aware for the coming conditions.
Be careful out there lads and lassies and Merry Christmas all!!
Kind regards.
Tom.
enfieldd
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Re: Me again

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:28 pm

wise words tom my advice would be if you have elderly parents ensure that you help them out and bring in the paper and bread and milk for them and generally help them out also call on your elderly neighbours and say hello in case they have hurt themselves or are trapped in the house . also please drive slow and with care and stay safe regards to all and happy christmas enjoy with your family and friends and dont drink and drive.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Return to General Chat