Fusiliers

From the Crimean War to the Wars in the Gulf. The death of global empires and the rise of a global economy.

Moderator: the_power

Fusiliers

Postby terrysimmons on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 am

Hello, everybody, i'm a new member, so be gentle!
I'm trying to put together a display of Fusilier and rifle Regiment, hat, badge and hackle. most of it i have covered. But i'm having major problems with the Munsters and Dublin Fusiliers, especially their headwear.
I have seen some quite old photos, obviously black and white, and not very clear. They appear to be the same as the Victorian Glengarry, or very similar. Sorry, i should have given a date here, say 1900-1922. I also know about the peaked cap used in the WW1 period.Should the headwear i'm looking for be called a side cap?
The badges i know about, but any help with the caps would be appreciated.Oh, nearly forgot, would the hackle be worn with any of the glengarries, or side caps?
I look forward to any information you can give me,
regards Terry
terrysimmons
Full Name: Terry simmons

Re: Fusiliers

Postby michaelcarragher on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Terry,

Good to have you.

Check out the Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association at

http://z9.invisionfree.com/royaldublinf ... /index.php.

Tom Burke, of the RDFA, is impressively knowledgeable, and if he can't, someone else there should be able to help with your query.
michaelcarragher
Active Newbie
Full Name: Michael Carragher

Re: Fusiliers

Postby terrysimmons on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 am

Good morning, Michael, thank you for your reply. I'v been on the RMF website before, but they dont appear to have an available email address. I'll try the secretary today by steam phone.
Again, thanks for your help,
regards Terry
terrysimmons
Full Name: Terry simmons

Return to 20th Century