War games at Tara

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

War games at Tara

Postby barry on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi all
The Fingal Living Society are pleased to announce that they will be organising a war games event up at the hill of Tara on the may bank holiday weekend from the 30th of April to the 1st of May. This event is open to all groups and individuals that are pre gun powder. We will have more info over the next few weeks but if anyone is interested in attending can you e-mail us on flhs@hotmail.co.uk
Talk to you all soon.

Barry
FLHS
None
barry
Active Newbie

Re: War games at Tara

Postby brendan on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 pm

best of luck with this - a return to the glory days of yore!

Will you be posting rules/guidelines for us to nit-pick at some stage :)

I am not sure that I will be able to make it due to a schedule conflict :(
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby wiblick on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 pm

I'll hazard that as it's open to all pre gun-powder groups and called War Games that it's broadly medieval in theme with no particular adherence to any one time period, generic medieval you might say, but with no mixing of periods in any one individuals kit, 'cause that's just silly i.e. don't wear your viking stuff while wielding a 15th C sword (head-gear excepted for H&S reasons)

Barry sorry for butting in! NO ONE TAKE THIS AS THE FINAL WORD, or any word, this is just a guess on my part...
I am off active duty for 2009 & 2010. I continue to research but will be attending few if any shows for these two years. I got some chickens and hope to bring them along with a more fully rounded household display in 2011.
wiblick
Active Newbie
Full Name: Aoife

Postby brendan on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

wiblick, welcome back!
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby barry on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am

Hi all
Sorry i have not put up any more details about the event been, a bit busy.

@ Aoife: you are right. This event is open to all pre gunpowder re-enactors, but with no mixing of periods in any individuals kit unless it is for safety reasons ( this means helmets and hand protection can be from different periods )

@ Brendan: We won't be posting rules/guidelines, we have sent them out to people that are going to the event.We are hoping it s a good event like the one's we used to have up there and are going to try and hold it annualy.

we are also organizing a banquet on the saturday night if people are interesed in it it will cost about 12 to 15 euro a head and is on the Saturday of the event and is in the cafe up on the hill.

Remember this event is open to all.

Barry
FLHS
None
barry
Active Newbie

Return to Events