I Have a Question

Moderator: the_power

I Have a Question

Postby Donal on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:00 am

At Are Annual meeting for Dublin Irish Fest (Dublin, Ohio, USA) Alison told me that while in Ireland she met someone from a group that has something to do with Brian Boru (don't know if they are reenactors or working on the 1014 celebration of Clontarf) that they were interested in coming to DIF in 1014. So our group might be able to work something out with them for our area.
My question does any body know this group or person?
Donal Mac Donal
Don Gatton
Donald Gatton
Donal
Full Name: Donald Gatton

Re: I Have a Question

Postby Dave Mooney on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Ideally anyone that does that era, be the Gall or Gael, should be working towards the Boru 2014 initiative.

The 2014 thing will be a national event(s). So far there is to be a series of events under the badge of 'Battle of Clontarf (festival)' in Dublin, Killaloe (Ballina) Boru 2014 events in Co. Clare/Tipperary (I'm on that committee) and something in Antrim and something in Waterford I think. All the festival organisers are in touch with each other in an attempt to work around each others events and to plug into each others publicity etc. It was a national thing then and will be again.

Where was she, when, and that might narrow it down? There are Viking groups/players all about.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby Donal on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 am

I don't know where all she was, Dublin for sure. She is one of the top people for our Dublin Irish fest here in Ohio. They make trips to Ireland to look for groups to sign up for our http://www.dublinirishfestival.org/ here, our fest is held the first weekend in Aug. This should be after your event. I am looking forward to 2014 it would be nice to have some people over here from Ireland. Our group is out no. by our viking friends here. Some of the members in our group I am not sure if they know if they want to be irish or viking.
Just was wondering she should have more information for us, but our next meeting is a while away.
Don
Donald Gatton
Donal
Full Name: Donald Gatton

Postby brendan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

Donal,
if it was in Dublin earlier this year there are a couple of contenders. Barry from Fingal Living History Society ran a few Clontarf era events so would be a good place to start
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Return to General Chat