Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

Postby Danny b on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi Living Historians my name is Danny Butler from Kildare town.I was speaking to a friend of mine thats is part of a reinactment group and told him how id love to get involved and fight with swords n stuff & learn a bit too.Im twenty five years old and have long hair and a beard and would b interested in maybe joining a viking or celt troop.I have some previous martial arts and camping expeience so i think id fit in well as i also work pretty well in a group.Nyway if anyone knows a group relatively close to me that will suit id be very grateful if ud point me in there direction.
Danny B
Danny b
Full Name: Daniel Butler

Re: Hello

Postby brendan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:56 pm

for medieval era reenactment I am not sure if there are any active groups in/around Kildare.
There are a few active Dublin groups that are open to new members. Try:
- Fingal Living History Society - based in Swords (or Cavan depending on how you figure things). PM Barry on here for details on this one.
- South Dublin Living History Society - based in Dublin but despite its name evenly split North and South of the great divide. You can PM me for details on this.

Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Return to Introductions