Hi Everybody! Tales of Fionn MacCumhaill Project

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

Hi Everybody! Tales of Fionn MacCumhaill Project

Postby brenc on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Everybody!

I'm not a member of any re-enactment groups but I'm working on a project that could be classed as that, its a project that might interest some of ye on here. In fact one that ye might be able to help us on.

We have entered a series into the online competition RTE Storyland. It is a comedy based on the Life and Tales of Fionn MacCumhaill. If we get accepted in we will be turning to re-enactment groups for help with
costumes and extras etc.

Check out the 40 second promo we made - http://vimeo.com/15503414

What do ye think?
brenc
Full Name: Brendan Canty

Re: Hi Everybody! Tales of Fionn MacCumhaill Project

Postby brendan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi,
I am a big fan of Storyland so good to see something (vaguely) historic. I havent had a chance to look at the clip (in work), but best of luck.

People may be interested in being involved in this, but you would need to be clear on a)whether there is funding for extras and props b) whether the shooting is weekday or weekend - you are more likely to get people available at the weekend.

There can be a certain suspicion of people from the film industry who are looking to pay people either nothing or extra rates for high end film combat skills + costume and other equipment. This is something to be aware of in this and future projects.

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby Billy on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 am

Wasn't Fionn blond?
Billy MagFhloinn
Billy
Active Newbie

Postby brenc on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 am

Nope, a witch turned his hair grey at one point though!

Well actually he might have been. Who knows?! but in most pictures and stories I've seen or read he's had brown hair.
brenc
Full Name: Brendan Canty

Return to Introductions