Next Munster Militaria Fair on Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Next Munster Militaria Fair on Saturday, November 6, 2010

Postby Munster Militaria on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Next Munster Militaria Fair on November 6, 2010
Many thanks to all the visitors , traders,vehicle owner and re enactors who attended the Cork City gaol Military show in August and helped to make the Show in Cork such a big success. There was a great display of medals, uniforms, insignia, medieval armour, and some very interesting exhibits all around. Munster Militaria Fairs were in attendance on the stalls and had a great time.

The next fair is scheduled for Saturday, November 6,, 2010 at the same location, i.e. the Metropole Hotel, MacCurtain Street, Cork City, the fair will be held in the larger Ballroom venue at the Metropole. Opening hours for the public will be 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Traders can set up displays from 8:00 a.m. on the day, or on Friday evening the 5.th of November from 6.00 pm. to 9.00 p.m.
The fair is designed to bring traders of re-enactment materials and equipment, militaria collectables, all other manner of military themed equipment, , military collectors and the public together for a great fair.
So if you sell fabrics, swords, medals, scale models, miniatures, Airsoft or any other militaria then why not come along.

Public Admission: €3.00
Children under 12: free

Tables (6′ by 2.5′ approx) for traders are priced at €25, or two tables for €35. If you would like to participate, then please contact us for more information. All are most welcome.

MILITARIA AUCTION:
We are also pleased to announce that there will be a Militaria auction on the same day November 6th, at the Metropole Hotel, in the nearby Joyce room, beginning at 4 pm. The Joyce room is a few feet from the ballroom. Munster Militaria fairs will be working with Cork Militaria Auctions
on this auction, and we will be accepting items for auction soon, we will post more information on this shortly.
To contact us directly , please e mail us at info@munstermilitariafairs.com

Hope to see you all soon,
Sincerely,
Garry.
Munster Militaria
Full Name: garry o brien

Re: Next Munster Militaria Fair on Saturday, November 6, 2010

Postby germac on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:11 pm

should be a good one, looking forward to it
germac
Full Name: Gerard McCarthy

Postby Munster Militaria on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 am

Next Munster Militaria Fair on November 6, 2010,.Metropole Hotel , Mac Curtain Street,Cork city.

We have quite a good number of dealers already booked in, so any remaining dealers please contact us before October 23 to secure a location.

We will have the online auction catalog online in about a week, we will be adding to it over the next few weeks so please check back every so often, we will post a link here when its online.
If you wish to put an items in to the auction , book a table, or simply need information you may contact us at info@munstermilitariafairs.com
or through reply here on this forum.

Many thanks to Living History Admin for allowing us to promote the fair.
http://munstermilitariafairs.com/
086 8731497
Munster Militaria

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:11 pm

looking forward to it can i wear my michael collins uniform
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby museumtom on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I look forward to seeing you in it John, we can fly the column together....off into the sunset.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:43 pm

At the Salute show which was a really relaxing and well run show I managed to persuade a certain vendor to sell me his IV AND Michael Collins uniforms and I was extremely happy with them, now I am trying to get the bits and bobs to complete the role , I'll post up what I need and perhaps some one can put me in the right direction.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Cathal on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Glad to read this. Monica and myself stay from 31 October to 7 November in the Glen of Aherlow/Tipp. So we can join our first reenactment fair in Ireland and hopefully meet some of you guys.
Ehm... how do i have to imagine this fair? Everyone in kit or just simple streetwear?

See you then,
Stefan
...try always to be on the right end of the sword...
Cathal
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stefan Seiler

Postby Munster Militaria on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:47 pm

shergar wrote:looking forward to it can i wear my michael collins uniform

Hello, I am afraid we have one John Sweeney coming as the Big fellow already and we would not want to steal his thunder,thanks all the same.
Munster Militaria

Postby Munster Militaria on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Cathal wrote:Glad to read this. Monica and myself stay from 31 October to 7 November in the Glen of Aherlow/Tipp. So we can join our first reenactment fair in Ireland and hopefully meet some of you guys.
Ehm... how do i have to imagine this fair? Everyone in kit or just simple streetwear?

See you then,
Stefan

Hello Stefan,. This is a regular militaria Fair. There will be traders there selling items such as medals, uniforms, caps, insignia,surplus etc, there will also be exhibitors present and some re enactor clubs may have tables there. . it is not specifically geared to re enactors but to all militaria enthusiasts and collectors. Feel free to come in any garb you like(some re enactors will) , but remember it is not a re enactor event.
Regards.
Munster Militaria
Munster Militaria

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Munster Militaria wrote:
shergar wrote:looking forward to it can i wear my michael collins uniform

Hello, I am afraid we have one John Sweeney coming as the Big fellow already and we would not want to steal his thunder,thanks all the same.

thats okay then i can wear my Irish Volunteer uniform , as just was given a pair of ww1 british field binoculars, a sam brown with sword holder and a few other bits and pieces.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Next

Return to Events