Joke

Moderator: the_power

Joke

Postby finnobreanan on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 am

Two knights are riding through a forest in medieval Irelandd when they come upon a peasant gathering sticks. "Lo there, yon farmer!" exclaims one of the knights, "Why dost thou labor in this forest at so late an hour? There be hostile beasts and men of military about."

"I beg thy forgiveness my lords," replies the peasant, "but my hearth fire did burn to nothing of late, and my animals are bleating with discomfort."

"Very well," responds the knight, "then go thee about your task with haste." The knight then lowers his voice and leans closer to the peasant. "But I pray thee, hast thou recently seen another knight in this forest, clad as we? His armor be of green hue and painted upon his shield be a rampant griffin."

"My apologies lords, but no. This night I hath seen no one in the forest save thee."

The knights thank the peasant and continue on their way. Only a short while later they come upon a milk maid leading a cow along their path. "Halt there, woman! This is not the time for the movement of cattle!" exclaims one of the knights. "Hostile beasts and men of military move in this forest during the night."

"Forgive me sire," responds the maid, "but the young son of my mistress is ill and requires nutrition. All of their cattle are bare, and she did ask that I bring to her a replacement, post haste."

"Very well," responds the knight, "bring her the cow but be thee fleet." He then leans closer to the maid and lowers his voice. "But I pray thee, ponder deeply and then reply, hast thou recently seen another knight in this forest, clad as we? His armor be of green hue and painted upon his shield be a rampant griffin."

"No sire," replies the maid, "this unsavory character I have not seen. I would remember such an image."

The knights thank the maid and continue on their way. A short while later one of the knights lifts his visor and turns to the other, "Where the hell IS Finn anyway?"
Last edited by finnobreanan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Re: Joke

Postby brendan on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:35 pm

a litle scared now
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby museumtom on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I just knew my wife didn't love me as much as she used to, when I had a heart attack and she wrote away for an ambulance.........
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby Swifty on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

brendan wrote:a litle scared now

Aye, very worrying indeed...
D Swift www.claiomh.ie c.795-1660
Swifty
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Swift

Postby finnobreanan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:03 am

So, either you lads are reading too much into this, or there is another joke here that I don't get (or see).
It is just a joke about two knights looking for their lost friend (or they are lost and are looking for their friend who knows the way [more likely]). I simply inserted Brendan's name at the punch line.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie

Postby brendan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 am

oh, just slightly freaked out by finding my name in the punch line of a joke :)
brendan
Active Newbie

Postby finnobreanan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:27 pm

That was easily remedied.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

finnobreanan
Active Newbie

Postby brendan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:00 pm

do you ever sleep?
brendan
Active Newbie

Postby knightofredemption on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Could ask you the same question :lol:
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby wolfvine on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Greetings my friends

What did the knight do when he saw a time traveling helicopter land on his castle grounds ?

Threw bread at it !! BOOM BOOM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seán
wolfvine
Active Newbie
Full Name: Sean Shields

Return to General Chat