Newbridge Heritage Festival: September 11th/12th

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Newbridge Heritage Festival: September 11th/12th

Postby shane_newbridge on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello all!

On behalf of Newbridge House I'd like to welcome you all to the Newbridge Heritage Festival taking place on the weekend of September 11th and 12th in Newbridge Demesne, Donabate, Co.Dublin. (www.newbridgehouseandfarm.com)

The theme of the event is 'Fingal through the ages', and as such we will be aiming to have displays covering various different historical periods in fingal right up to the mid C19th.

We are hoping for this to be an annual event and as such are planning to start off with a splash.

Currently the highlight of the show will be provided by the North Irish Dragoons (http://www.nidragoons.org/) who will be doing military displays, among other things, and will also have a camp consisting of an officers tent, kitchen, troopers tents and a blacksmiths forge, and hopefully an operating cannon!

There will also be several displays from the middle ages provided by the Newbridge Heritage Society, including an archery contest open to all re-enactors.

If you'd be interested in attenting the show as a participant/group or would like to put on your own display and/or set up a merchants stall etc please contact shane@newbridgehouseandfarm.com

Catering for groups can be provided, also a plastic tent area is available for those who wish to stay for the weekend.

More info coming soon. For further enquiries please leave a comment here or email me shane@newbridgehouseandfarm.com

All the best! :)

Shane M.
Events and Education Officer
Newbridge House and Farm
shane@newbridgehouseandfarm.com
shane_newbridge
Full Name: Shane M.

Re: Newbridge Heritage Festival: September 11th/12th

Postby Nerva on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Salve Sean!

Sounds great. It's fantastic to see another new event on the calendar. I wish you the best of luck and we'll certainly be delighted to support you in anyway we can.

Vale,

Nerva.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby shane_newbridge on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Nerva wrote:Salve Sean!

Sounds great. It's fantastic to see another new event on the calendar. I wish you the best of luck and we'll certainly be delighted to support you in anyway we can.

Vale,

Nerva.

Thanks Nerva! :)

Hope you received my email earlier. Thanks for the kind words and look forward to you're reply :D

All the best,

Shane.
shane_newbridge

Postby Nerva on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Salve Shane,

Got your email. Looking forward to the event.

Vale,

Nerva.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie

Postby shane_newbridge on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Just a quick update to let everyone know that there are showers on site, and also that the park gates are locked at 9pm and there is a night-watchman , so everything left on site overnight is secure. If you're camping and you leave the park, make sure to be back before 9pm, or you'll end up having to climb a few walls ;) There's also ample car parking, which is also secure.

Any questions, just drop me an email; shane@newbridgehouseandfarm.com or post it here.
shane_newbridge

Postby Nerva on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Shane,

Got your email, great news. We'll be arriving on the Friday night if that's ok with you.

Cheers,

Martin

P.S. Here's a link to a little video we made last week end...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1556936046508
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie

Postby shane_newbridge on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Nerva wrote:Hi Shane,

Got your email, great news. We'll be arriving on the Friday night if that's ok with you.

Cheers,

Martin

P.S. Here's a link to a little video we made last week end...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1556936046508

That's no problem at all. Shall be setting up myself on the Friday. The internet has been down in work so haven't been able to access my email for the past 5 or 6 days (unfortunately can't access from home), and also can't view vids on my laptop due to some busted video drivers :roll: However, I shall have a look at the vid as soon as I'm back on my regular PC :)

All the best,

Shane.
shane_newbridge

Postby shane_newbridge on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Just to let all know; the park closes at 7:30pm on the Friday (the 10th) so anyone setting up on the Friday please be here before then. I'll be on site from Friday morning until Sunday night/Monday morning. (If you can't make it before 7:30pm on the Friday please do drop me an email or PM and I'll give you my number so you can give me a ring and I can pop down and open the gate.)

If there are any questions please email me. There'll be an informal briefing on Friday evening (and hopefully a small BBQ) and then a muster on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to a geat few days :D

(Edit: Also I forgot to mention, any group wishing to have a fire in their camp, can they please bring a fire bowl/tray, as it's a public park and we don't want to damage the grass etc. I should have some wood with me on the day, but do try and bring you're own.)
shane_newbridge

Postby shane_newbridge on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 am

A huge thanks to all involved, was a fantastic weekend!

Photo's are on our website (www.newbridgehouseandfarm.com) in the gallery section, and also on our facebook page (you can get to that from our website).

Will mail all groups a DVD of pics if they send me an address which I can mail to. (or you can nick them off our facebook).

Also if you wish to pick up a Fingal Independent or one of the Gazette group papers, you'll find a 2 page spread of the event in both.

Thanks again folks :)
shane_newbridge

Return to Events