Cashel Town Walls Event August 22nd

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Cashel Town Walls Event August 22nd

Postby Tipptoggy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 am

Sean Laffey here from the Cashel Heritage Trust Ltd

Can I tell you about the Cashel Town Walls Day which will be held on Sunday August 22nd?

We are at the booking stage now and are sorting out elements for the day, we are now seeking participants for the event; subject to the usual insurance conditions.

Would you know if anyone of the members of Living History.ie who would like to take part in this event?

This event is funded by the Heritage Council (as part of their Irish Walled Towns Initiative) and Tipperary County Council. The event is free to the public, therefore we are only able to offer a fee (where applicable) and we cannot do deals based on gate receipts, brief details of the day are available at http://cashel.ie/events_inline.php?getnews=178

There are a number of elements to this event:

Medieval and Heritage displays - the town walls date to the mid 14th century and were in use into the 18th century, we would like displays to be period relevant.

Period specific Craft displays, ideally with performance and certainly hands on for the public.

Craft and Farmers Market - in historic Hogan Square Cashel

Biodiversity Displays, 2010 is the UN Year of Biodiversity and the Town Walls Day will showcase Biodiversity as a major theme in this year's festival. We already have a mobile farm and a number of wildlife activities arranged for the day.

Patrons Concert at St.John's Cathedral , the festival closes with a concert in the historic St. John's Cathedral which is built within the town walls. This is a free"thank you" event for patrons and participants, food will be provided but no bar, although you are welcome to bring a bottle.

Please fell free to pass this message on to anyone else you might know who would be interested in taking part.

You can email me back at slaffey@gmail.com

or phone on 06262685

All the best

Sean Laffey Cashel Heritage Trust Ltd.

Here are some more of Sean's projects:

http://billyodwyerbob.viviti.com/

http://www.cashel.ie/business.php?sect=Photography

www.irishmusicmagazine.com
Tipptoggy
Full Name: Sean Laffey

Re: Cashel Town Walls Event August 22nd

Postby tommyargue on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Sean.
Great to see you on board. Best of luck with this years event and I hope the weather plays ball for you this year.

All the best.
Jude
I want my scalps
tommyargue
Active Newbie
Full Name: jude stynes

Postby brendan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Sean, I wish you well with you event. You may need to be flexible in terms of what you want as heritage week gets busy (to put it mildly) and a lot of people are booked up already.

It is a great location though...

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby museumtom on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 am

It also clashes with the Clonoulty Vintage rally where we will be.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby Nerva on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Sean,

It's a great location all right, not to mention it's "Roman" connections - Castellum ;) . Actually apart from Roman finds on the rock itself, the area is relativey rich. Other finds have been made at New Inn, Golden and Balline isn't too far away.

Cheers,

Martin.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Return to Events