Failte Ireland Heritage Suppliers Database

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Failte Ireland Heritage Suppliers Database

Postby brendan on Wed May 26, 2010 2:25 pm

I had a meeting today with Maeve McKeever, Heritage Product Officer from Failte Ireland. Maeve has high level responsibility for Heritage in Failte.
During the meeting we discussed a number of possibilities including Clontarf(I will contact people separately on this). The focus in the discussion was on what Failte want and need to see in order to throw their weight behind something.
As part of this discussion it emerged that Failte is assembling a Database of groups who are capable of providing individuals to do displays/representations in heritage sites all over the country. They are looking for people who can deliver a)People b) Costumes c) anything else that might be useful.
This information is not for me and the contact details to send information to is provided below.
This information will be circulated to various sites all over the country so I would encourage people to think about what they can realistically provide when submitting information. As a suggestion, I would provide something like the following:
    - Name of Group
    - Group main contact and contact details
    - Brief biopic of group - What is your main focus
    - Key people. This is optional, but if you have an expert in one
    - Time Periods covered. I would be as specific and honest as possible here. Neolithic to 1990s is not good. Stuff like Neolithic era craft displays; WW2 German Paratrooper etc and maybe 1 line with each on the sort of venue it is suited to.
    - Types of events. Schools (don't forget garda vetting); corporate; 'Have a go' - this was of especial interest so you may want to consider expanding what you have on offer; talks etc etc
    - Numbers available. This is the bane of all of us (from all time periods). Everyone says that they can get everyone they vaguely associate with involved (Examples would only start a flame war). Be honest, say that you can guarantee x number of people and can potentially get y number of people if required.
    - Base of operations. Where is the main part of your group based geographically, and are you willing to travel.
    - Availability. Is your group available for weekends only? Can you do mid week? Are you willing to commit to long term engagements i.e. 6 weeks in the one spot - and how close would that have to be to where you are based.
    - Cost structure. I do not expect you to give away the details, but it might be useful to give info like: People and basic kit can be done for a fixed rate per person; if you want trebuchet, cannon and WW2 tank there are transport costs (give a guideline range for these)
I have listed more info than I was necessarily asked to provide, but the better the quality of information the better you will do.
If people want to discuss this before submitting the info I think that it might be a good thing. The focus of the discussion should be limited to the type of information required.
The contact address of Maeve is : <Maeve.McKeever@failteireland.ie>
I suggest that you use the same subject line: Heritage Providers DB - <Group Name>

That is it for now, hopefully more to follow.

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Re: Failte Ireland Heritage Suppliers Database

Postby Nerva on Wed May 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Nice one Brendan ;)
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby lordedward on Thu May 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Looks really good Brendan. Thanks for the good work.
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness -Dave Barry
lordedward
Full Name: Barry Walsh

Postby Swifty on Fri May 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Fair play Brendan - you might just save my life : D
D Swift www.claiomh.ie c.795-1660
Swifty
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Swift

Postby consmiles on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 pm