Proposed bus trip to Beltring

Moderator: the_power

Proposed bus trip to Beltring

Postby museumtom on Mon May 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Guys and Glas.
Logistically Beltring has always been a problem. Getting there, accommodation, an English transport etc. At the Curragh I tossed about the idea of a bus going from Wexford to Rosslare to Wales and on to Beltring. Booking in as on site campers (passengers will bring their own tents) for a week or so and when it is all over return home via Rosslare to Wexford where passengers will pick up their cars and head off home.
A 12 to 16 seater coach is suggested and money will be paid up front, non refundable if you change your mind and decide not to go, as tentage and ferry charges etc will be pre paid. I have no prices as yet but Owen Breslin is looking into the whole thing and will get back to us with all final details. This ‘venture’ is not run by any club. Now then, if anyone is interested pm me. It will be a first come first served thing.
When Owen checks out the final details and lets me know I will be in a better position to move this venture along. I really don’t know why this has not been done in the past.
That’s about the size of it. If you are interested put your name in now.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Re: Proposed bus trip to Beltring

Postby brendan on Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Tom,
fair play to you for taking this on!
In the medieval reenactment scene this sort of thing has been done a few times - with mixed success. Looking for the money up front is critical - I know of at least one person who got stung badly from having booked a coach.
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Re: Proposed bus trip to Beltring

Postby museumtom on Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks Brendan.
For those of you who are curious as to how things are progressing on the proposed bus trip to Beltring, I have not received a single solitary reply from anyone including those who expressed an interest at the Curragh show. It was worth a try and if anyone is considering doing such a bus trip stick my name down first.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Return to General Chat