Leathercraft Workshop 17, 18 and 19 Sept 2010

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Leathercraft Workshop 17, 18 and 19 Sept 2010

Postby consmiles on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi all,
I am offering a weekend of leather craft instruction to all period reenactors. I have been teaching leathercraft for nearly three years in a drugs rehab, a prison and to young people so I reckon I am well able to handle and put up with wild reenactors...

All leather items can be copied, repaired or created if you are practical about it. I have a purpose built leather workshop with a heavy duty 9ft by 5ft by 2inch thick wooden workbench. I will provide 2mm, 3mm and 6mm vege tan leather and the tools and dyes and finishes. You can buy your own shoulder of vege tan leather at approx E135 (6mm is dearer) if you order it in advance. No machine stitching as I specialize in teaching people to make hand made items.

Fees are E100 per person plus E12 per sq ft of leather consumed (on average there is 25% scrapage per project) which includes dyes etc. We begin on Friday evening with an introduction and familiarization and start actual work on Saturday at 10am to 9pm when we may go for a pint to Hell's Kitchen (a local pub museum with a train in the bar..) On Sunday we start at 10am and aim to finish about 4pm. All food is included - meat or vegetarian - just tell me first.

Each person interested should make contact to discuss their project - ie suitable materials and ability to complete in the time period. You can try to make your own made to measure medieval shoes for instance but the second one may have to be finished when you go home. I have six beds (bunks) and flushing toilets and showers so this weekend is limited to 6 participants only. Places are offered on a first come = first in basis.

We are located 7km west of Castlerea in north Co Roscommon. You can be collected from the train station in Castlerea on the Friday and returned to it on the Sunday at no extra cost.
Attachments
PIC_0211 copy.jpg
PIC_0211 copy.jpg (144.73 KiB) Viewed 658 times
DSCF7091 copy.jpg
DSCF7091 copy.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 666 times
1kernhelm copy.jpg
1kernhelm copy.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 687 times
Regards
Con
consmiles
Active Newbie
Full Name: Con