Taoiseach

Moderator: the_power

Taoiseach

Postby Cpl Flood on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 am

Started watching that series on TV3 called 'Taoiseach'. Its on again tonight at 9(pm).
Surprised TV 3 could come up with something this good.
Fág an Ballaigh
Cpl Flood
Full Name: Andrew Flood

Re: Taoiseach

Postby thepremier on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm

It's actually not bad at all, nothing particularly new, but good quality especially compared to RTE's recent output on history. Didn't TG4 do a series about the Taoisigh afew years ago?
thepremier
Active Newbie
Full Name: niig

Postby Cpl Flood on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Not sure.... the only one I can think of in recent times that's similar is RTE's 'Seven Ages' a few years back.

Mind you, TG4 have come up with some good documentaries in the past about the War of Independence, Civil War and the IRA generally (eg: in the 1940s & 50s).
Fág an Ballaigh
Cpl Flood

Postby thepremier on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

I've just remembered (the cogs turn slowly), it wasn't about the Taoisigh, it was called 'Uachtaráin', from 2007. They're all on Google Video (search uachtaráin tg4). Eoghan Harris had a nasty little screed about Cearbhall O Dalaigh, who was responsible for the fact that the office survived at all. He was a very decent man. (O Dalaigh, not Harris.)

Michael Kennedy is the historical adviser to the 'Taoiseach' programme, by the way. and he knows his stuff.
thepremier
Active Newbie
Full Name: niig

Postby Cpl Flood on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am

Great..thanks for that...I'll check it out... I'll try to ignore EH.

Toaiseach was on again last night. Its more political now than historical given that a lot of the people who were around then (early 1980s) are still alive, but still worth a look at....especially for the sense of deja vu.
Fág an Ballaigh
Cpl Flood

Return to General Chat