Tintagel, 2010.

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Tintagel, 2010.

Postby ferret on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Tintagel, 2010.

It is with grate regret that I have to announce that Tintagel 2009 will now be the last show of a 19 year run. Despite rumors to the contrary we have been able to pay all our bills. But with a £7,000 lose we are no longer able to carry on with the show. I on behalf of myself, Jon, Gandalf, and Laurie would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have worked so hard over the years to make this such an enjoyable show for so many.

So just to make shore that every one is clear there is no Tintagel 2010. :(

We will of cores see you all on the circuit throe the season. :D
Good luck all

All the best Ferret

On behalf of the Northland Mercenaries
ferret

Re: Tintagel, 2010.

Postby sabrewolfe on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 am

Sad to hear of the end of the Tintagel show, Tintagel was my first big gig that I went too outside of Ireland.
Thanks to all who ran this wonderful event down through the years. Sorry to see it go.
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

Need a free Medic or First Aider for your gig check out http://sites.google.com/site/sabre151/monkeymedical
Trauma Junkie "Its not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you are"
sabrewolfe
Active Newbie
Full Name: Paul Brangan

Postby brendan on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:50 am

Wow! hadnt expected this :shock: :o :(

I was in Tintagel 2 or 3 times and was always made welcome and had a great time... end of an era

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby ferret on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Laurie Wignall
With the reduction of tourists over the last few years, at Tintagel and the increase in costs, Tintagel was becoming unviable event without the adverse weather.

Though we did empty the bank we were still able to donate £760 to the RNLI for which they thanked us.

I would also like to thank all of the people that have over the years made Tintagel a unique experience.

It will be strange not being in Cornwall in August after 16yrs, but I am happy that we had a positive impact on the village and brought entertainment to many thousands of people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Tintagel is no more, that may leave a space some of your calendars.

I am running a multi period event at Stratford upon Avon the weekend that Tintagel would have been on and anyone who has attended Tintagel in the past will be welcome.

Midlands History Festival
7 & 8th of August.
http://www.mid-fest.co.uk

From Romans through to WWII which you can find herehttp://livinghistory.co.uk/forums/v ... 25&t=19407

We have 86 acres of flat land with concrete entrances and you can drive tanks on it (they do)
ferret

Postby gaius marius on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 pm

I am sorry to hear that Tintagel is no more. I have never been but i heard nothing but good about it
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go bua
gaius marius
Active Newbie

Postby Nerva on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Salvete Omnes!

Just like Pullo I have never been to the event myself, but I have heard only great things about it. One of the lads in our group has been twice and has come back with some mighty stories of the event. I'm sure it will be sorely missed, but who knows, when things pick up you might have a go at it again.

Valete,

Nerva.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby aileen on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:03 pm

No Tintagel, i'm gutted!
This was always one of my favourite & earliest venues on the scene. I have so many happy memories from my times there.(Remember you buying us all a round of fudge & beer after the battle one year Brendan :D )
Met some really wonderful people there that i ended up meeting again & again at other events through the years, & while i don't reenact anymore (out of practice/living in the sticks/unfit) i do still go once in a while, have been there 4 times over the years. Has actually planned to go this year :(
Might still go just to enjoy the beauty that is Cornwall
It will be a great loss. It is truly the end of an era.

Thanks for the good times, & the 'troll's bottom'

Aileen
aileen
Full Name: Aileen Loughrey

Return to Events