Leopardstown 2010?

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Leopardstown 2010?

Postby US Rangers on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello to you all,

Has anybody heard of an event at Leopardstown Racecourse in June?
US Rangers
Full Name: John H. Miller

Re: Leopardstown 2010?

Postby barry on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 am

Hi all
The dates for the Leopardstown show are the 5th 6th and 7th of June 2010. It's being put on by the people that do the Salute
event and is in ade of the Military vets hospital in Dublin.
Hope this helps
All the best
Barry
None
barry
Active Newbie

Postby US Rangers on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Hello to you Barry,

Thanks for the information. I must say that it is in aid of a very worthy cause. What better way for reenactors to give their support to real soldiers than by supporting this worthy event. Is it open to all groups? Do you have a contact for the organisers?

Best Regards,

John.
US Rangers

Postby museumtom on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Sounds like a great show. Sadly I will be at the Duncannon show but wish ye the best of luck. It really is a great cause. If you are running it again next time and it does not clash with anything I will be the first to volunteer to give ye a dig out.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby rommel on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Ditto for our group too , same old discussion about people organising events that clash with established events and so many other weekends free . Pity as it was a worthy cause
Rommel
BGS
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Postby US Rangers on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Hello to you all,

From what I can see many events are organised on bank holiday week ends. This makes sense as it gives the organisers and attendees an extra day. There are a finite number of bank holiday week ends in a year. As this hobby becomes more popular and events more frequent of course there's going to be week ends when there's more than one event, so what’s the problem? Why should any one event have a claim on any particular week end? This is just a hobby after all. You don't see a soccer or rugby club complaining that another team has scheduled a game on the same week end as one of theirs?

From what I can see this is going to be a fun event organised for a very worthy cause. Now that our group is up and running we're really looking forward to this event.

Best Regards

John
US Rangers

Postby brendan on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:13 am

<MOD>
If you guys want to have a discussion on schedule conflicts and how/whether to resolve them please start a new thread.
</MOD>

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby jenny102 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I believe that reason this event is being held on the first weekend in June is because it is the weekend on which the D-Day anniversary falls. Because it is being held in the hospital that is home to some of the WWII veterans it makes sense to have it then.

It is unfortunate that it clashes but there are enough groups in the country now to cover both events.

Jenny
jenny102
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jennifer Kelly

Postby US Rangers on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello to you Jenny,

Do you know if any of the veterans will be attending the event? I would be a great privilege for me to meet a D-Day veteran.

Thanks to you,

John.
US Rangers

Postby Heartofoak on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Never too early to publicise your event, particularly as its a 'newbie' on what’s lately proving to be a very busy weekend, living history wise.

Just to fill in a few gaps, perhaps the organisers can give an outline of the content/focus/purpose of the event, what periods is it intended to include. What the general public or indeed other living history/re-enactor groups can expect. Have the organisers phone numbers or e-mail addresses that the interested may contact for information, this should help people to make up their mind if its worth getting involved or not.

From what I can glean it look like a worthy cause and its interesting to hear that there are still veterans of the landings living here. Although it must be said that the anniversary of D-Day does occur annually, since June 1945 in fact, is there a particular reason why the event is being organised this year?

Look forward to getting some answers to the above points, however I do wish the organisers best of luck, not an easy task to promote an event from scratch.
None
Heartofoak

Next

Return to Events