Duncannon 2010

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Duncannon 2010

Postby rommel on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 am

We in the MMVRG , Munster Military Vehicle and Reenactment Group wish to announce that our annual show in Duncannon will take place on the bank holiday weeknd in Duncannon as usual the weekend of June 4th 5th 6th , Fri , Sat ,Sunday .

As is the norm we welcome all to the weekend , groups and individuals , large or small are all invited to display , traders and dealers , young and old . Everyone who registers for the show will be facilitated with space to their needs and get time in the moat for their publics displays / shows .

We would encourage all involved to take time in the moat and show the public the results of their efforts in this fast growing hobby , be it , Roman , Great War WW1 ,WW2 , Celtic , Medieval , Red Coat , Napoleonic , Civil War , War of Independence , SAS , Paintball , broadsword battling , Archery , combat groups , knights templar ,Imperial German WW1 , everyone will be allocated two slots per day to do their bit if they wish . As last year , we hope to have some attraction for the public every 30 mins or so running with breaks in between for he public to see the main displays and vehicles scattered round the fort and outlying fields .

We expect an all time high turn out of military vehicle this year including several new vehicles from our own groups including a new half track from BGS and several other vehicles from new members in our Allied and Axis groups .
Food will be provided for all those taking part each evening after we close , stew and rice on Saturday and curry and rice on Sunday . all groups and individauls taking part are invited to free Bar BQ on Sunday night to celebrate another great show and looking back at last years one it will be another great night for all involved ,Bar B Q will be inside the fort Sunday night this year.

The major WW2 battle will take place on Saturday evening at 6pm on the golf links behind the sand dunes and this will be as spectacular as ever with Allies and Axis battling it out again .

Unlike last year where certain little people went out of thier way to damage the attendence and show by contacting groups and people on the Friday ,telling them it was cancelled I can assure all unless you see it here or hear from me or Emmet personally , the show is on :)

All those interested in attending should contact Joe O Toole on jjotoole@eircom.net to register .An idea of your numbers for space and feeding is handy to have for myself and Emmet and the organisers of the event . More information will follow as time goes by .

Some links from last year and other years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJK3Ht1 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2kvLji ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFHztjFYYYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTilvRtTbak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpaKHFF ... re=related

On behalf of myself and Emmet and all in the MMVRG we look forward to meeting all our friends , traders , vehicle owners and fellow reenactors this year for a great weekend

Joe o Toole
Emmet Kennedy
MMVRG
Duncannon Fort
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Re: Duncannon 2010

Postby speirs on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Thats great i will put it in the diary.

the allies might have a suprise or two as well :D
speirs
Active Newbie
Full Name: colm doyle

Postby Jess de Búrca Monty on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Joe et al,
Put my name in the hat please as a trader. Just PM me any questions you need answering. I will have lots of new stock at this event, especially Living History friendly camp equipment, mainly medieval but lots of interesting things for all too see and of course lots and lots of helms!
Regards
Jess
Montague Heritage Services
Jess de Búrca Monty
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jessica de Búrca-Montague

Postby museumtom on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Sounds like a great show. Sadly I will be at the Duncannon show but wish ye the best of luck. It really is a great cause. If you are running it again next time and it does not clash with anything I will be the first to volunteer to give ye a dig out.
Regards.
Tom.
I put this comment in the wrong place. Its an age thing and nothing to do with the Duncannon show. It was about the Lepoardstown show.
Sorry guys.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby PanzerMeyer on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Tom , looking forward to see you again at Duncannon this year.
PanzerMeyer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Justin Horgan

Postby shelly on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm

well joe, we are delighted to hear duncannon is on this year, we will be down this year as usual looking forward to seeing you joe, emmet and the guys.

regards owen, michelle :D
shelly
Full Name: michellefortune

Postby brendan on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:10 pm

First of all, I wish the organisers of Duncannon a successful event.
I was there as one of the first 'Medieval' participants a number of years ago and have attended several time since.
Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby PanzerMeyer on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 am

Many thanks Brendan for your kind words of support , hopefully you will make it to Duncannon again this year . Events like this deserve to be supported , it is only when they are gone do we realise what we have missed out on .Roll on Duncannon :D
PanzerMeyer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Justin Horgan

Postby knightofredemption on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am

I would like to edit this thread back to pure info on the event. this would mean editing some individual posts to remove reference to the problem issues. So this is just a heads up, so when the job is done you all know what happened.

Paul in Mod mode.
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby rommel on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

Duncannon 2010 UPDATE .

Here is the latest update on the show <EDIT>Text removed</EDIT>.

WE have no fewer than 22 different groups and clubs attending this year , ranging from , viking to red coats , Roman , Medieval , Celtic , craftmakers from bronze age forward , Celtic food display and cooking , Archery displays ,

The cast guard display will be also in attendence and these were spectacular last year in Carrigtwohill doing the rescue device and a fine ammount of equipment and vehicles in their display will surely entertain the crowd .

On a WW1 theme we will have Imperial and British displays , gas attacks etc
On a WW2 front we will have BGS , Frontline , Wargroup , FJR6 , WLHA , and members from UK groups are booked in again with us this year , and also the main WW2 battle is on the Sat evening with several mini displays of weaponry in the moat during each day .
A large collection of military vehicles will also be complementing these groups inside and outside the fort combined with several armoured displays of Bofors and Flak and Pak emplacements as mini diaramas for the public .
A large display of artillery and field guns complete with ordinance will also be on display inside the fort and this in itself would constitute a show on its own .
The American Civil War will be represented again this year and as in the past will put on a great display and this has always gone down well with the visitors in the past due to the colour and pagentry of the lads involved .
Vehicles from the MVCI will be on display in addition to many many more vehicles form the various groups throughout the venue .
There will be archery displays at intervals also and during displays members of the public will get a chance to have a go . Adrienne Freeman will be doing her usual best to look after that side of things for us .
Barry Gaynor and his group will be putting on an impressive display as Viking encampment in the moat and this will make up an impressive "medieval Village " of various periods to give the effect of life through the ages . The local Roman Garrison will no doubt police the EMPIRE with a steel fist for the weekend between doing marching displays and religious ceremonies for the public .
Ray Murphy and co will alo be doing various periods of reenactment and we hope to combine varius groups for some impressive Irish War of independence , Irish Civil war , Flying column displays and battles as we did last year

Various sword and axe combatant groups will also be back this year and be wowing the public withtheir displays of hatchet and axe throwing and fighting skills in the arena .

The show is as big if not bigger this year , especially as we have groups who were not previously involved , some returning after a few years absence , we welcome all old and new . I can assure anyone here now that we have a fantastic programme of events being formulated for this weeknd .

Each group , large or small will be time in the moat usually 30 mins each to perform and display for the public . We aim to , as last year , run a show in the moat every 40 mins and have about 10 mins between groups and displays . Last year we did 33 mini shows in the moat over the weekend from all the groups , Usually most groups who were into the public performance were able to do one show in the morning and one in the after noon .
We will roster all groups on the Friday night at the pre event meeting at 9pm in the dining hall .
Everyone can get as much tme as they need to do their bit , thats what we aim to do at Duncannon , our misssion statement has never changed , provide a platform / venue once a year for groups , individuals large or small to get a chance to display their hobby and particular period of interest to a captive audience and get a chance to be seen doing what they are passionate about

We now have 16 traders taking tables and tents with us also so there will be plenty of miliatria for sale on the two days , medals , bric a brac, uniforms , all the usual stuff and some nice lilitary kits and models , collectors stuff all there to be eeked out over the weekend

Thats it so far , as groups come on board and individauls make contact I will add to this but only when i have confirmation of attendence and can verify it and back it up will we add to it . We deal in reality not fiction and lies .

Thanks to all who are behind the event and for your support and loyalty . I hope we all have as good a weekend as last year weather wise and crowd wise .

Rommel
Duncannon 2010
Last edited by rommel on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Next

Return to Events