Elizabeth Fort 6th Sept ,

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Elizabeth Fort 6th Sept ,

Postby rommel on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Irish War of Independence

Next Sunday the Munster Military Vehicle and Reenactment Group have agin been contracted to do a major Irish War of Independence reenactment in Elizabeth Fort in Cork as part of the ongoing series of events in the fort .

The event will be a 45 minute show of events set in the War of Independence period , tans , British soldiers , Auxillaries and our very own flying colum all involved in this big production , all in about 40 people involved in what promises to be another great show following the success of the last pike men 1798 gig two weeks ago .

Kick off is about 2-30 pm on Sunday . This will be a loud and bloody campaign we hope again . Various articles and press releases will be in the paper during the week so keep an eye out again .

There will be two more weekends left in this series of events for this year in the following weeks culminating in an all out multi period , muti group finale , details will be posted on all forums

Rommel
Munster military Vehicle and Reenactment group
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Re: Elizabeth Fort 6th Sept ,

Postby Jess de Búrca Monty on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 pm

Sounds great Joe, please keep me up to date on the Multi-Period event, would love to attend if at all possible.
Regards
Jess
Jess de Búrca Monty
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jessica de Búrca-Montague

Postby rommel on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Jess i will pm you next week with the details , more than welcome .
joe
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Postby Nerva on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 am

Wow! Sounds fantastic Joe, we'd love to attend the multiperiod event as well.

Vale

Nerva
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby Nerva on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Salvete Omnes!

I think anything that promotes Elizabeth fort as a tourist attraction can only be positive. I believe it would be a great boost for Cork city and Barrack Street in particular if the fort were to be further developed. Well done to all those involved.

Valete

Nerva
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby museumtom on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:00 pm

Just back from Elizabeth Fort in Cork. Many thanks to Emmet Kennedy for the invite, and for allowing me to become a target and thanks to all the re-enactors who attended and made it a great day....all it is except the fecker who shot me like a dog!!. Begging for his ( 'Tan) life and me like the sympathetic volunteer listened to him and when I turned my back he shot me. Four others were shot also up against a wall by the 'Tans, Auxies and RIC, and they did nothing!!. But we murdered them all (most of them before I died). The crowd loved it and manys the picture was taken. Great to see the younger lads getting involved also, they are the future 'Tans, RIC, Auxies, British Army and IRA re-enactors. The fort itself looked great through the rain, very photogenic and the Union Jack that flew overhead opened quite a few Cork eyes before it was replaced with the tricolour after the massacre. The beautiful northern lady whose husband was so brutally shot (there was a lot of it about) is probably still distraught, but nothing that a few stiff ones won't fix.
It was great to meet old friends and swop tips on where to buy stuff and maintain gear and I look forward to meeting more of you at the next available get-together.
I have some pictures I've been told, taken by my beautiful wife (she will be reading this) and I will post them as soon as I get back from the pub where I will be sitting beside and nice warm fire...steaming myself dry. Angela's Ashes could have been filmed there today, the weather was perfect for it.
Tnaks again for the invite I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kind regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby speirs on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi all heres some photos From Elizabeth fort this week. All photos curiosity of Wargroup member Gerry Buckley.

Thanks to everyone for a good day, even though weather was rough sprits were high and a good day had by all thanks again to everyone who made the effort.

speirs
Active Newbie
Full Name: colm doyle

Postby speirs on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm

speirs
Active Newbie
Full Name: colm doyle

Next

Return to Events