Dungarvan Castle -Norman Knights & 1600's reenactors wanted

Moderator: the_power

Dungarvan Castle -Norman Knights & 1600's reenactors wanted

Postby bannerman on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Hello all.
Im organising a multiperiod event at Dungarvan Castle on Sunday the 23rd August as part of this years Heritage Week celebrations to mark the 800 anniversary of the building of the castle 1209 - 2009. This is the third time I have organised an event at the castle. The first one focoused on the Castle during the 1798 rebellion, last years event was centred on the War of Independence and Civil War.This year I have gotten permission from the O.P.W. to hold a multi period event which will focous on the castles long history. The plan is to have Norman Knights, 1500's Irish Kern, Cromwellian Soldiers, British Army redcoats, 1798 rebels, The R.I.C. and Anti Treaty I.R.A 1922 to give the public an example of how the role of the castle, and the different groups there changed over time.

Now I have already arranged for people to portray British Redcoats, 1798 Rebels, The R.I.C. and the I.R.A. in the civil war, but Im looking for individuals to help out and do 1200's Normans up to 1650's Cromwellian or Kern. I realise that its heritage week and alot of people will be busy. But its a great little gig, no fee for the public, contribution towards petrol expenses, historical setting and refreshments provided during the day.

So how about it? any one out there who does either living history or combat displays representing Norman Ireland, Ireland in the 1500's or Cromwellian whos free on the day and would like to come along send me a p.m., e-mail me at padraigoruairc@gmail.com or phone me at 0863148496. Numbers and space is limited so unfortunately "turn ups" on the day who have not been in contact with me before hand cannot be accomodated. Also the idea is to focous exclusively on Dungarvin Castle and Ireland 1209 - 1922 so we dont really need, vikings, celts/ iron age or ww2 just whats mentioned above.

Thanks
Padraig
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Re: Dungarvan Castle -Norman Knights & 1600's reenactors wanted

Postby Nerva on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Salve Padraig!

Why do so many events clash on heritage week :evil: You would think that the varius organising bodies would make an attempt to co-ordinate events at this stage :roll: For example, on the same day there's also the Youghal medieval festival and, sorry my friend, but we've got more or less the same type of event as you this year in Bishop Lucy's park in Cork. This is part of celebrating Cork as a walled city, but if I can send anybody your way I will.

Vale

Nerva
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby empressmel on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am

Oh man, that sounds like fun! And I will be in Kilkenny & Cork that weekend, doing two different shows. It's only ever feast or famine in Irish re-enactment.
"I see ditch people."

"Is that group bigger than the last one?"
"No, it's not bigger, it only looks that way, cuz there's more of them."
empressmel
Full Name: Melissa Shiels

Postby bannerman on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello Nerva.
Its quite simple theres some funding and a small amount of free promotion for events during heritage week so...
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Postby Nerva on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 am

bannerman wrote:Hello Nerva.
Its quite simple theres some funding and a small amount of free promotion for events during heritage week so...

I know, it's just a pity.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby noodle on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 am

Nerva wrote:
bannerman wrote:Hello Nerva.

I know, it's just a pity.

It's a pity for reenactors, because it would be great to get to play at all the events, in the world ;) but at the same time, it's fantastic for MOPs cos they've then got loads of choices in their area for fun things to do. And for the likes of parents with school-age kids, a choice of fun outdoor events that don't involve video games is great. It certainly would be nice to be able to go to all those events though!
Head in the clouds, feet in the grass, mind in the gutter...
noodle
Full Name: Niamh Carey

Return to General Chat