Anyone going to Beltring

Moderator: the_power

Anyone going to Beltring

Postby museumtom on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:19 am

I am happy to say I am heading to Beltring with Garry O'Brien on Sunday. Due to the recession it might be my last visit to the Military Mecca. Last year prices began to fall as the recession bit. Then there were a few less stalls, prices fell and there were some bargains to be had. I would expect it to be more so this year. I am going to bring a few medals with me and see if there is any interest. If I make a sale or two it will make attending next year's show more of a possibility and I will have less Lidl spam to eat at the show. Whenever I tell someone I am heading to the show I get asked to get them something, its usually heavy and most times it is de-activated. Are they mad!!! Its not their arise that gets probed so it ain't going to happen.
I will take loads of video and pictures for ye (thats if I dont lose the camera, which is a distinct possibility to this doddery old codger). TBy the way the euro shops here have a mobile phone charger( for 2 euro) that works on batteries and it works great. Very handy to have with you.
Anyone else heading that way? When are yis going? Are ye still married after the wife got over the initial shock?

See ye there.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Re: Anyone going to Beltring

Postby Eirikr on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Myself and my wife Dorota are going to Beltring. Fortunately I don't have to divorce as after last year's visit to Arnhem my wife got into WW2 reenactment as well, so she's headin as QAIMNS nurse. I'll do my usual bit as Polish Para. We're going on Thursday morning and staying 'till Sunday. We'll be with British group "autumn '44" portraying Essex Light infantry, so pop in and say hello.

Eryk
My re-enactor's blog: www.erolek.blogspot.com
Eirikr
Full Name: Eryk Rawicz-Lipinski

Re: Anyone going to Beltring

Postby museumtom on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 pm

See you there. Safe journey.
Regards.
Tom.
museumtom
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell