Goodbye

Moderator: the_power

Goodbye

Postby wolfvine on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Greetings my Friends.

It is with a very sad heart when I tell all of you my fellow re-enactors, that I have decided to leave Irish Re-enactment. I am so tired and I can't keep going anymore, my heart is not in it .

Yours in knighthood always.
Sean Shields WOLFVINE
May words speak only truth!
wolfvine
Active Newbie
Full Name: Sean Shields

Re: Goodbye

Postby Jess de Búrca Monty on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Seán my friend. Get a grip! Go have a nice walk and a drink. Clear the head, get a good nights sleep and remember that tomorrow is a new start. Believe me I have many reasons to turn my back on this lifestyle but I cannot. No decisions should be made in haste.
Your friend
Jessica
Jess de Búrca Monty
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jessica de Búrca-Montague

Postby knightofredemption on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm

My feelings too, we need people like you Sean. Simple as, no ifs, no buts, and no maybe's.
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby gaius on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Salve Sean,

Good men with Good Heart's are always needed, to quote your own analogy you too have a "scorpion on your back'.
Crush that Scorpion and return to the Boosam of your TRUE FRIENDS"
Vale, Gaius Antinius Salis aka Joseph Saleh
Romans Ireland VEX LEG VIII AVG
"CERTA BONUM CERTAMEN"
www.romansireland.com
e-mail. romansireland@hotmail.com
Phone: 087 2822414
gaius
Full Name: Joseph Saleh.

Postby bannerman on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello Sean,
Im sad to hear this. Having met you at gigs and from your organiseation of Kilmallock I know that you have been very comitted to the hobby. I dont know your reasons for your decision. However if it has any thing to do with being fed up with politics - then there is a grave lesson in that for all of us.

I wish you well in whatever your doing

Slan
Padraig
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Postby Dave Mooney on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey Sean,
Chill and take a break. I know there has been much frustration on the scene the past few years, sure we're burned out with dealing with it here to the extent were getting snappy. Remember why you do this and who's cool to do it with. Then just go do it for yourself and with the guys you know are sound in your version of things if it suits you.

There is a number of us dropped off the scene for a break in the recent past so from experience; don't be afraid to go on sabbatical and take the pressure off.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby brendan_the_lesser on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Just to repeat what everyone else has been saying, take some time off but please, please, please come back, Reenacting in Ireland needs decent people like you Sean.

When i started out with Medren you came down to us a few times for training, never with any feeling of superiority, or acting like you were better than us poor newbies, you made myself and many others really feel welcome and part of the reenactment community as a whole.

Thank you Sean,
Brendan.
Lorna Dane, She's a babe!

Expandable Youth?
brendan_the_lesser
Full Name: Brendan Halpin

Postby femgeek on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Seriously, don't leave us Sean, a lot of us still need you. You've been very inspirational to a lot of us, not just as a trainer and reenacter, but as a very decent person. We'd be worse off without you.
Audaces Fortuna Juvat
femgeek
Full Name: Muireann Costello

Postby pajo on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Sean man, gota echo what everyone else here is saying, I've known you since I started reenactment, and I cant remember EVER having a bad word to say about you or a bad thing to think of you. as Brendan said there, u never had an air of superiority about you, were alwayz willing to help others out (including myself) with kit, gear, advice, info... and u have some of the best stories from reenactment and outside of it that I've had the pleasure to sit and listen to! As has been said, Sean man, we need ya. Reenactment in Ireland needs you. If a break is what you need, then thats what you need, but you know you'll miss us, you gota come back! And I know bec and many others will agree with me!
A hard on does NOT count as personal growth...

Effudistine potum melis meum...? Amice, nunc te interficiam.
pajo
Active Newbie

Postby screamingeagle on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 am

I agree.

If each of us took the sum total of all the hassle and needless conflict over the years, and it does grate and chafe and fester, then there would be few if any involved in Living History.

Do take a break Sean; forget the Machiavellian types and come back when ur refreshed.

Veritas Vos Liberabit!
screamingeagle
Full Name: Mike Buchanan

Next

Return to General Chat