Greetings!!

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

Greetings!!

Postby Fionnuala on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Greetings, All. I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism. My persona in the Society is late 12th century Irish. I am researching as much as I can to make my persona as complete as possible. I also research Bardic activities for learning and teaching... I sing, play bodhran, and play something like a low whistle. I also learn and teach medieval dance, primarily English Country, but I also do some Scottish, Italian, Russian, and Irish dance. (no... I don't do the step dancing.... lol.)

For information on the SCA, go to http://www.sca.org
I live in the Middle Kingdom, that is http://www.midrealm.org
I am a member of the Saltatoris Dance Guild and that is... http://gwommy.tripod.com/saltatoris/

I look forward to learning from you all!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Fionnuala
Full Name: Fionnuala

Re: Greetings!!

Postby Donal on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi and welcome from you neighbor to the South.
Donal Mac Donal
Donald Gatton
Donal
Full Name: Donald Gatton

Postby Fionnuala on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Thank you very much, Donal. It's my pleasure.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Fionnuala

Postby finnobreanan on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:10 am

Sorry for the delay, but since we had already corresponded I forgot myself. WELCOME to the Irish Living History discussion board!
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Postby Fionnuala on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks, Finn! :D
Fionnuala

Postby Fionnuala on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello again...
I seem to have fallen away for some time and am glad to return. I have much catching up to do on this forum.

I am also letting you know that you may get a slight rush of new members. I promoted this forum while 'teaching' a class on Irish Clothing at Pennsic. I have also included a link to this forum on a new Yahoo Group that spawned from that class. For anyone interested, the Yahoo Group is called 'Pennsic Irish Clothing'. We welcome anyone who is willing to share research or still has much to learn. This group is basically in place as a site where we can share and discuss research... or the discrepancies we find.

(Pennsic is a 2-week event with the premise of a great war between the East and Middle Kingdoms of the SCA. There are 11,000 or so people in attendance every year. We get attendees from all over the world. It's awesome.)

Good to be back...
~fionnuala
Fionnuala

Postby gaius marius on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

hi and welcome.
:D
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go bua
gaius marius
Active Newbie

Postby Fionnuala on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Thank you!
Fionnuala

Postby finnobreanan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 pm

My friend, Kass McGann, shared some images from Pennsic on facebook, but I didn't see anyone doing an Irish impression. Considering the size of that event, I'm not surprised.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Postby Fionnuala on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 pm

I had hoped to visit with Kass this year at Pennsic. She was due to arrive the day after my class was scheduled and I just never made it back over to her booth. :? I used many of her articles in my discussion of Irish Clothing and was in contact with her to request permission to use them.

On my way to the Midrealm Court, I passed a gentleman wearing a leine, ionar, and trews. I, of course, approached him and complimented him on his garb. Hopefully he will also join this group and post a picture.

Pennsic is not entirely made up of people in the SCA striving for historical accuracy. Sometimes people just wear what they think is generic medieval garb. I'm always impressed when I see someone attempting to wear accurate Irish garb. I've seen it, but it is rare. I'll post some pics when people send them to me...

;)
Fionnuala

Return to Introductions