Fun in Conwy

Moderators: the_power, European Historical Combat Guild

Fun in Conwy

Postby knightofredemption on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I have not long returned from a visit to Wales and a visit to Bryan the Chapter Master of the Welsh chapter. He also owns the Knights Shop,http://www.theknightshop.com As Guild members should know a significant discount is offered there for us. What is of more general interest is the fact he is setting up three forges and will be making swords and armour and other such stuff. Guild members are welcome to visit and play in the forge (I made a couple of bodkin arrow heads while I was there) I am going back in September to help make a fitted suit of plate for myself. I look foward to reporting on that adventure in a few weeks.
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Re: Fun in Conwy

Postby the_power on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Oh. Wow. Um...that sounds fabulous.

How long does it take to make your own plate ? That's something I'd love to have a go at. I've done bits, like some ironwork for my mail-making kit, and a bodkin (down in Ronán's wee forge in Bantry). I'd *love* to take a week off work and try make a start at a suit of armour...

John, who passed through Conwy at speed on the way to Tewkesbury recently...only an hour on the train from Holyhead to Conwy.
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Postby knightofredemption on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 pm

I have yet to find out, and I am unsure that the offer is open to non Guild Peeps. This is one of the reasons I have been trying to get interest going in becoming members of the Guild as this is just one of the bonuses to membership. You could always contact him and see, he is a sound bloke and you never know. Its well worth doing anyway just to find out what he has in the pipeline, by the time he is finished he is going to have quite a set up.
knightofredemption
Site Admin

Postby the_power on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Oh, I'm interested in Guild membership. I just don't have spare time to go travelling :(
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Postby knightofredemption on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh I know mate, and I ain't moving to Dublin for all the tea in china (and I likes me tea :lol: ). Its a bit of a catch 22 alright. Just takes enough people to make it worth my while, though the venue cost is a bit prohibitive. There has to be a way....maybe a venue between thee and me, even then it would be a two hour round trip :roll:, well feel free to mention my name if you contact Bryan and your interest in joining and the problems therein and I'm sure he would come to an understanding.
knightofredemption
Site Admin

Return to European Historical Combat Guild