Gallowglass Origins

Castles, Heavy Cavalry, Cities, Armour and Invention

Moderator: the_power

Re: Gallowglass Origins

Postby kevin714 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

jaspergreen wrote:Greetings to all:

Has anyone else procured one of Baltimore Knife & Sword's Gallowglass axes? I ordered two, received in April of this year. Mine are very nicely made, well balanced. I didn't go for their "decorated" version.

Jeff

It is on my list but I haven't purchased one yet. I don't see their decorated version on the website, how much more does it cost?
Kevin Patrick Molloy
"The Prince of Firceall of the ancient sword is O'Molloy of the freeborn name, full power was granted to him and he held his country uncontrolled" O'Dugain(d.1372 AD)
kevin714
Active Newbie
Full Name: Kevin Molloy

Postby jaspergreen on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 am

Kevin;

Alas, it is but a long and sad tale. Our original moderator, not a member of our "Wild Geese Living History Project," took the site down suddenly last November, after a misunderstanding.

We.... who are mostly tech challenged anyway, floundered around for awhile, even set up a short-lived Google group ...... didn't find out what had happened for some months.

I am happy to say that we have a new "Caislean na Cnamha" Yahoo Group. Please check it out and join up..... and I encourage everyone else with an interest to do so.

Our immediate group will be appearing at the Chesapeake Celtic Festival in Snow Hill MD 30 Sep-2 Oct, and the Maryland Irish Festival at the MD State Fair Grounds, 11-13 Nov.

Jeff
Sean Artuir O'Maollain
(My Great - Grandad)
jaspergreen
Full Name: Jeff Miller

Postby jaspergreen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 am

Hello all,

Please come over and take a look at our Yahoo Group: 'Caislean na Cnamha" and give us your opinions, ideas, thoughts, suggestions, criticisms, etc. we are a new group in "Yankeeland" who have been a-building since 2008; so we are in our infancy. We were initially influenced (heavily) by Niall Murray of "Na DeGad" and were knocked sideways when he disappeared. Since then we have been heavily influenced by Dave Swift and "Cliaomh", and look for any advice or guidance which might become available.

Our Goal: The most authentic possible representationj of the Galloglass, and the 16th century struggle of Gaelic Ireland against the power of Tudor England...... to the largely unknowing American public.

Thanks,

jeff
Sean Artuir O'Maollain
(My Great - Grandad)
jaspergreen
Full Name: Jeff Miller

Previous

Return to Late Medieval