Next Munster Militaria Fair on Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let us know about interesting events here

Moderator: the_power

Re: Next Munster Militaria Fair on Saturday, November 6, 2010

Postby Nerva on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Stefan,

As Gary said this is not a re-enactment event as such. There will be a number of re-enactment groups there on the day with recruitment stands, so if you show up in kit you won't look too out of place ;)

Cheers,

Martin.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby Cathal on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Nerva wrote:Hi Stefan,

As Gary said this is not a re-enactment event as such. There will be a number of re-enactment groups there on the day with recruitment stands, so if you show up in kit you won't look too out of place ;)

Cheers,

Martin.

Hehehe.... recruitment stands, eh?? Shall we prepare to get assimilated by one of your groups? Anyway.... we could bring this sexy authentical accent of the foreigners.... ;-) 8-)
Well, it will depend on the weather forecast if we'll have enough space for the viking stuff in our luggage. Aer Lingus is rather strict in keeping the weight limits. We'll see.
Say - is the Roman Army still in need of lovage plants?

See you,
Stefan
...try always to be on the right end of the sword...
Cathal
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stefan Seiler

Postby Munster Militaria on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 am

We can now add a link to the Militaria Auction taking place on November 6.th at the Metropole Hotel , MacCurtain Street, Cork City
The Auction items are listed on the following link or web address ,this is not the complete listing of items so please note that more items are being added every few days ,next update will be on October 19.th so be sure to check back.

Please go to : http://corkmilitariaauctions.com/

Thanks for your time.
http://munstermilitariafairs.com/
Munster Militaria
Full Name: garry o brien

Postby mircat on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Entered into Auction
74" Full compass warbow,
From split stave in Irish Ash
Yew stained
Linen String
or go to mircat manufacturing traditional bows ( public page) on face book
Two eyes, One Brain, Just aim.
mircat
Full Name: Dave Hodson

Postby Munster Militaria on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

we are happy to announced the following regarding the fair on Saturday:

Lecture on the Black & Tans in Ireland

Saturday, November 6,, 2010 at the same location, i.e. the Metropole Hotel, MacCurtain Street, Cork City,

There will be 2 lectures . One on the Black and tans and British auxillaries in Ireland during the war of Independence.

lecture 1 by author and historian, Mr McCall
(B&T = Black and Tans) ADRIC.=Auxillaries Division Royal Irish Constabulary
The lecture will be on why they were required, the structure, locations and make up of the ADRIC and will cover some incidents they were involved in. Some individuals will be discussed. It will also distinguish the difference between the B&T's and the ADRIC. The book covers the aforementioned and goes into more detail in other incidents. It is a study of the ADRIC which has taken 4 yrs to complete. No doubt I have not covered everything because of the lack of records but research is ongoing and I have gained more evidence that may result in an updated version. I list all of the companies and their known locations, the details of the officers who lost their lives and reprisals carried out by the ADRIC in revenge. It is a book concentrating on the ADRIC and not the politics of the time. I will attend along with my brother and hopefully I will have a supply of books with me to sell and sign. Erne McCall

lecture 2
Michael Rowley will give a talk on the curragh military cemeteries

The Militaria fair is scheduled for Saturday, November 6,, 2010 at the same location, i.e. the Metropole Hotel, MacCurtain Street, Cork City, the fair will be held in the larger Ballroom venue at the Metropole. Opening hours for the public will be 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Traders can set up displays from 8:00 a.m. on the day, or on Friday evening the 5.th of November from 6.00 pm. to 9.00 p.m.
The fair is designed to bring traders of re-enactment materials and equipment, militaria collectables, all other manner of military themed equipment, , military collectors and the public together for a great fair.

There will be a Militaria auction on the same day November 6th, at the Metropole Hotel, in the nearby Joyce room, beginning at 4 pm. The Joyce room is a few feet from the ballroom. Munster Militaria fairs will be working with Cork Militaria Auctions
on this auction.
Munster Militaria
Full Name: garry o brien

Postby Cathal on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 am

It was realy an experience to visit our first event in Ireland. Monica and myself felt more in a museum than in a fair, with all the WW2 stuff you can't find here in Germany. Thanks to the organizers and Mr. McCall for the very interesting lecture on the B&T theme.
And very special thanks to Legion Ireland for the overly warm welcome!! See you next time!
...try always to be on the right end of the sword...
Cathal
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stefan Seiler

Postby Nerva on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Gratias Stefan!

It was great to meet you and your wife and have some good fun and conversation. Looking forward to meeting you again.

Vale,

Martin.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Previous

Return to Events