New people joining LH.ie

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

New people joining LH.ie

Postby Dave Mooney on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 am

If you are trying to join this discussion board some issues have come to light.

John reports

Not sure why, but we've not been getting mailed when people setup new accounts anymore.

Just checked after two people reported that they weren't getting accounts setup...there are 400 signups that are waiting admin approval. Most of them spammers, I think.

I might setup something so that people can approve themselves, if they go click on a link. Hmm. Only thing I can think of...

It will take time for John to sort this so please bear with him.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Re: New people joining LH.ie

Postby terrysimmons on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 am

Hello, everybody, my name is Terry Simmons, i live in london and i'm a history junky!
I'm also a framer of militaria and to be honest , one of the reasons i'v joined, is to get some information on the Regiments that disbanded 1922.I'v tried, i think, most of the net without getting my questions anwered.So, i thought who really would know about uniforms of the Irish regiments? The reenactors, because they wear them!! So here i am.
I have to admit that i have only once attended a fair for re-enactors, that by mistake. But i was so impressed with their knowledge, their wanting to pass their knowledge onto the younger people, that i would happlily go again. Keep it up, guys!
I,m now off as i want to post my questions,
Regards Terry.
terrysimmons
Full Name: Terry simmons

Return to Introductions