The'White Horse' Living history Society

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

The'White Horse' Living history Society

Postby wolfvine on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Greetings my friends
I wish to inform all my fellow re-enactors and friends about our new group The White Horse Living History Society We will be concentrating on the Norman and Anglo Norman periods of history 1066 to 1315. We hope to be running events quite soon and will be sending out invites to people to come fight, swap war stories, drink and be merry. As most of you will know I have had my own issues with re-enactment in this country and the politics involved. Fellow re-enactors at the time suggested that I should remember the reasons I became a re-enactor and to play with the people I wanted to play with. It was very sound advice and this is what the 'White Horse' will be all about, having fun! We have gathered 10 members into the fold 10 like minded people who just want to have fun share their experiences and knowledge. I look forward to to seeing you all at some stage at any of our events.

May words speak only truth,
Seán Shields
wolfvine
Active Newbie
Full Name: Sean Shields

Re: The'White Horse' Living history Society

Postby templarcommander on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 am

Best of luck with your new group Sean,

I am sure it will be a great success.

See you out there.
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Postby Malo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi Sean,

Best of luck from the "Empire Irlandais". we founded our group on pretty much the same grounds. But we also believe that even if you don't get along with someone in the re-enactment you can still play with them. always remember there are plenty of people to talk to at an event. You don't need to talk to the ones you don't like.
Smile, be polite and talk to someone else.

Why should the hobby suffer due to personal differences? It suffers for so many other reasons as it is.

;)
Vive La Nation!!!
Malo
Active Newbie
Full Name: Jaques-Louis Malo

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 am

Best wishes in your new project Sean, I think you hit the crux of the matter that it is meant to be about having fun Malo also alludes to this in one of his posts, having experienced the negativity of Irish re enactment I find just simply doing my own thing brings more happiness and satisfaction, it's even better with like minded people who you can carry with you as well. so to you and the people with you in the white horse society best wishes
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Return to Introductions