Greetings!

Introduce yourself here; who you are, where you are based, and any groups you are in.

Moderator: the_power

Greetings!

Postby aodhosiadhail on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello! My name is Drew Shiel, and I'm the Chatelaine (PR and newcomers guy, really) for the Dublin branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), called Dun in Mara. We're looking to boost the profile of the SCA a bit more in Ireland, and one of the things we want to do is reach out to other re-enactment/re-creation groups, and see if there's stuff we can cooperate on. So I'm coming along here to say hello - I know some of ye already, from various places - and to see what's going on, and what we can lend a hand with.

If anyone has questions about the SCA, feel free to fire them in my direction. And we're working on getting approximately monthly mini-events off the ground, to which people could drop in a for a look, if they've a mind to do so.
http://www.duninmara.org/ - Dun in Mara, the SCA in Dublin.
aodhosiadhail
Full Name: Drew Shiel

Re: Greetings!

Postby Nerva on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Salve Drew,

Can't say I know much about SCA but good luck with it.

Vale,

Nerva.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Re: Greetings!

Postby brendan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 am

Nerva, that's cos its not Roman :-)

Drew (glad I don't have to go with full version of your user name!) hi and welcome. Good to see that you guys are getting your names out here.
It isn't all that active on here these days, a lot of the social stuff seems to have moved to Facebook (but I see that ye are on there too) but there is some useful stuff going on here.
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Return to Introductions