another sword attack..

Moderator: the_power

Re: another sword attack..

Postby ferret on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 pm

In the U.K. any thing with a single eagled caved blade has been band, “samuri" swords, sabres, falchions, scythes, sickles, (slash hooks not shore), (over 25cm I think) all because there is no tec diffusion of a samuri sword. Technically any sword that has been used by a samuri at any time is a samuri’s�ord. But it doesn’t c�r ninja swords as they are strait. Now they are looking at all swords.
But you can’t eve�eave it to some one in your will. It even covers most officers dress swords. But it dose not cover things you already own.
It cost the government here a fortune in compensation to gun owners when they took there licensed guns away. So they don’t want �get court like that again.
If you are a re-enactor defined by having third party and public liability cover for you or group cover for you, then you may buy or sell, borrow or lend, give or received, or import or manufacture. But we only got this concision by fighting and lobbying the government to get this. No government is reasonable by choice you have to make them. Don’t just wa�and see.
ferret

Postby the_power on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Ferret, that's interesting. In Ireland, they just said "We won't be renewing licences for these categories of firearms", which means you have until the end of your licence (i.e. less than a year) to get rid of the gun. Most people just give it in to a police station, and the police sometimes send them to be destroyed, sometimes sell them privately. Either way, the gun owner gets no benefit.

A friend of my father found a stash of weapons in the foundations below their shed - seems they were left over after 1916 and dumped in a hole and covered in concrete in case they were found in possession. They were in pretty good nick, though likely weren't about to fire, as the box wasn't 100% waterproof. His wife convinced him to contact the police to see what he could do about them. They said "Hand them in, or get licences for all of them and a proper secure storage etc.". He handed them in, cop had them decommissioned & sold them at auction.

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Postby bannerman on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:50 am

Hello lads,
Whytes actuion house in Dublin are having an auction of militaria this weekend, the usual stuff WW1, Irish War of Independence and Civil War etc... However in amongst the catalogue I noticed this...

http://www.whytes.ie/newindexcurrent3.asp#

Lot 144 Japanese 'Katana' Sword. :shock: Good Job its not a "Samuri' sword or everyone working at the firm would have been arrested, locked up and the key would be thrown away! :lol:

How many re-enactors have been imprisoned since the sword ban was made law? Or has it all been a giant bottle of smoke. NNothing happened except some cosmetic changes to the law as a knee jerk reaction to the problem. An Irish solution to an Irish problem.

Padraig
http://www.warofindependence.net/

"Is doigh linn gur mor iad na daoine mora mar atamuid fein ar ar nglunaibh. - Eirimis!!!"
Jim Larkin 1913
bannerman
Active Newbie
Full Name: Padraig O Ruairc

Postby pereZScoth on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 am

the_power wrote:A friend of my father found a stash of weapons in the foundations below their shed - seems they were left over after 1916 and dumped in a hole and covered in concrete in case they were found in possession. They were in pretty good nick, though likely weren't about to fire, as the box wasn't 100% waterproof. His wife convinced him to contact the police to see what he could do about them. They said "Hand them in, or get licences for all of them and a proper secure storage etc.". He handed them in, cop had them decommissioned & sold them at auction.

Well it seems that the police make profits for themselves. They even not paying damn attentions to the owner of the thing. Did the owner file a case regarding of auctioning those items without his permission. That's so unfair but in the real world that how the rule goes; the strong shall live the weak shall die.
L.Alexander wrote:King Arthur was one of my heroes - I played with a trash can lid for a knightly shield and my uncle`s cane sword for the Excalibur Swords.
pereZScoth
Full Name: Scoth Perez

Previous

Return to General Chat